Rated 4.1 out of 5Â by 33
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by TexAg Great Purchase
I have several large trees in my yard and was looking for a solution to cut down on the time spent raking. After contemplating the purchase of this product for over a year, I finally purchased a few weeks ago. I am extremely happy I did.
I was a bit unsure on buying this product. My concerns were as follows:
1. Would this unit be enough to pick up the heavy accumulation of leaves in my yard?
2. Would this unit be small enough to fit through my gate (my gate is barely large enough to fit the mower deck though with the chute pulled up)?
3. Would this unit be easy to install/uninstall and come with all the parts needed?
After purchasing this product, I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to cut down on their raking.
1. This unit, attached to my mower, did an excellent job picking up the leaves in my yard. Previously, raking was a two person job taking three hours. Now, cleaning up the leaves takes one person one hour. I could cut this down to 30 minutes with two people (one to drive the mower, one empty the leaves). The unit also did a great job picking up the grass clippings.
2. This unit was well engineered. The hard plastic bagger top is the same width as the mower deck (without the chute). The tubes are easily removed with a few quick clips which allow me to go through my gate with minimal work.
3. This unit was easily installed. It took me one hour from start to finish. The only issue I had was within the directions. There is a discrepancy on the bolt size listed on page 9. The diagram lists a 5/15 x 2-1/2 inch bolt, whereas the procedure lists the correct 5/16 x 1 inch bolt.
I only had a one small complaint with the product. The price of the unit kept me from purchasing earlier. Now that I have purchased the unit, I better understand why the unit is priced a bit higher. The bagger comes with the weight kit, the engine guard and the hitch kit. While I don't see much value in the engine guard, I could see the value in having the weight kit and the hitch if I want to pull a yard trailer in the future.
Overall, I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to cut down on their time spent raking.
October 19, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by Radar Like The Bagger!
I ordered the bagger after deciding I hated the look of my lawn with grass clippings laying all over the place. Considered the mulching kit but you really can't cut the lawn all at once if you let it get too long and mulching causes increased thatch growth. Assembling the unit was easy except that Toro left out some bolts but Home depot ordered the parts for me and gave me an extra 20% off for my trouble. The unit works great. I can mow my entire lawn and only have to empty the bags at the end. I recommend the unit. The only down side is the cost. It's pretty expensive.
July 9, 2011
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0Â by AZSunDevils Works
My review is like most if the others...I like the bagger and it works great. It picks up leafs and the grass just fine. On my yard the bags fill up fast with the spring cleaning. I wish it had more capacity. My only complaint is the expense. To much for what it is...but I needed it so I bought it.
February 17, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by catcherintherye Great option
The bagger was easy to install & is easy to use. Installation instructions were easy to follow. I've only used it twice so far, but bagger is well made & worked very well. My only con would be the cost of the bagger.
January 3, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Â by Mike Toro Z-Turn Bagger
This is was well designed system and the direction for installation were well prepared. There is one drawback to this installation that is worth noting. Brackets must be mounted on the front end of the mower to hold counter weights. This bracket, which could be an easy thing to accomplish is made difficult by a bad design. You bolt the bracket onto the mower at the front; the bolt points upward and the nut is placed between two plates, separated by less than the thickness of your fingers, so you cannot hold the nut in position with a box wrench, no room to pull the wrench out with the nut in place. After many attempts at using different tools, I used my little finger and ring finger to position the nut and then attach the bracket and bolt. This took more time than the rest of the installation. Toro should have threaded this plate instead of using a nut, or welded the nut in place.
December 10, 2014