Rated 4.3 out of 5Â by 17
Rated 5 out of 5Â by samara Product is 5 STARS - Delivery is 1 star
The flooring is very easy to install. My husband and I installed 13 boxes in 10 hours over a weekend. We installed it in a flood zone in the loft of a new prefab home. The area we installed it in will be used as an artist studio and family room. There were hallways and odd dimensions that we had to take into consideration when deciding what the layout would be. So, 3 of our 10 installation hours were spent measuring and planning. I am thankful that we did, because the flooring is perfect and all sides are even and centered. We installed our floor one row at a time. There are a few Youtube Videos to watch to decide what works best for you.
A few more things I will comment on
1. Consider the light coming in the room, we have sliders and the room faces south, so you can see the difference in the satin finish from plank to plank. I don't think this is an issue unless you have a slider.
2 We had difficulty with starting the first few runs, even though we used spacers. I am VERY fussy about starting off square. Finally we tacked the planks in place, so that they would stay put as I pushed on the seam to install the rest. We did this only on the two corners and removed tack nails when done.
3. No need to kill your knees installing. Half way through I found it easier to bend or squat. Start at the left and roll the plank along the seam. The warmer the room temp the easier it was for me.
4. I used the pampered chef pastry roller on the seams and it worked like a charm!
5. Set up a cutting area with clamps for the long straight cuts. We made one knife cut and folded to snap and then ran the knife through the rest of the way. EASY! Short cuts we used $1 scissors.
6. Take the time to fill holes and seams in plywood before you strat. We used a small can of wood filler.
7. Check each plank after you have laid the row. We have one plank that has a blemish and is now a raised bump.
8. Smells like plastic for a few days. It goes away.
Last everyone that looks at the floor loves it. Our two German shepherds have run across it and we have dropped tools. So far it looks very real and has a warm feel when barefoot.
I do plan to use rugs over my floor and the instruction explain the precautions.
SHIPPING TO OUR HOME WAS AWFUL! The driver from an outside service would not back in the driveway, had no lift gate and handed them down to me one by one in the rain. Check with your local Home Depot store so that you have a better experience with delivery!
July 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Screenporchman Very Realistic Looking
When you hold a piece of the flooring in your hand you can't believe how much it looks like real wood. Very easy to install yourself. Just a sharp knife, straight-edge and a pencil needed. I do wish they came in longer pieces for a better overall effect but I think it would be perfect if someone wanted a herringbone pattern.
September 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by mike Excellent Product
Used this product for a basement floor. Installation was a bit tricky to start, but once you figure it out, it goes quick. Make sure you measure twice and cut once. Tearing it up once you lay it is nearly impossible without breaking/cracking it. The key is to plan it out before you start so that you don't end up with tiny pieces on the ends. One package came damaged, but HD returned it with no problem. Looks amazing when done. Actually looks so real and detailed that it makes my real hardwood oak floors look fake/cheap. Order more than you think you'll need (at least 20% more sq.ft.), because you'll have to cut a lot of pieces to make make it look right. I've gotten compliments from everyone who's seen it so far.
March 25, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by DCrowhouse Easy to install, distress hides mistakes
Very easy to install product. All you need is a straight edge and knife. Material is very workable, particularly in complex cuts. The distressed look also helps hide any mistakes along installation seams. Very happy with look, even if you can tell its a laminate. Installed much faster than I anticipated.
February 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Melissa Love it!!
This product was easy to install and looks great!! Looks just like an old wood floor. It absorbs the sound of your steps so very quiet to walk on. It also cleans up nicely.
April 23, 2013