This down rod can be used on a ceiling fan to extend it farther from the ceiling. If you have a ceiling higher than 14 ft. 6 in., a longer down rod can help the fan move more air by providing a larger, more voluminous inflow area above the blades. Aesthetically, a ceiling fan will look best when positioned proportional in the vertical space.
- Diameter 1/2 in. nominal, approx. 7/8 in. outside diameter
- Length 72 in.
- One end threaded, fits both threaded and non threaded fan couplers
- Suitable for ceiling heights of 14 ft. 6 in. and higher
- Safety and building codes state that ceiling fan blades be at least 7 ft. from the floor
- Optimum down rod length for a 20 ft. ceiling for aesthetic placement and airflow efficiency
- (Ceiling height - fan height - 7 ft.)/2