Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 8
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Billsfan719 Great Idea, could be better
I was forced into buying the 23" wide battens as my builder left me with 17" on center floor joists in my basement. I chose this product over spray foam strictly because of cost. The biggest problem with the battens is they are perforated inconsistently throughout the package. One batten may have two perforations, another may have just one and they will be of different widths. They also tend to sag a great deal because of the perforations which forced me to buy webbing to keep the battens in place until the ceiling was drywalled. There's a definite decrease in noise right now even without the drywall on the ceiling so the product seems to be doing fine there.
May 13, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ugadog Excellent Insulation Choice
Bought this insulation as a sound barrier between the main floor and the basement that I am finishing. The floor joists were at odd widths, generally between 19 - 21 inch centers. The perforations made it easy to get a nice fit. About 80% of them had two perforations each. The other 20% only had one perforation down the center. I wish they all had the same double perforations. Insulation is not itchy like fiberglass. But is very dusty, making a mask and goggles a necessity. Almost impossible to cut. But very easy to tear, so I had no issues. I even tore lengthwise when the pieces did not have a double perforation. I used insulation wires to hold the bats in the top of the floor joists. After installation, sound reduction was incredible in the previously "paper thin" floor. The marginally extra cost was well worth ease of installation and sound reduction qualities.
July 2, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by tttttt love that it is not itchy
very easy to work with this insulationnnnnnnnnnnnn
January 11, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Masterinstaller great insulation
picked up last week from store . just got started installing this morning . i ordered the 23 in wide because my studs are are one foot centers . the way the materal is already cut into diffarent sizes has made it very easy to install . when i do have to cut one in half i have used a grinder with a cutting wheel . makes good even smooth cuts . installed two bags in less than 2 hours . and can already tell a differance in temp in my basement . great stuff
November 26, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bulldog Denimum Insulation
This stuff is fabulous!!! It is easy to handle, not scratchy and tears easily. I am so glad I selected this product over the traditional fiberglass product.
July 15, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by danza best ever
easy to use, no itch, great on reducing noise between rooms, would use over fiberglass any day
June 11, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lisa Love this product!
I am a middle aged woman...installation was easy. I used it in a partially finished attic where the kids store and play with legos. The denim is safe for them and doesn't look like typical pink. Fun, warm, safe and easy to install...what's not to love??
February 25, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by homeowner Not right for my application.
Good product. It was not right for insulating walls before drywall.
May 20, 2014