VELUX skylights are an energy-efficient way to bring sunlight into a home and make dark rooms come to life. Bringing natural light into a home through a skylight decreases the need for electricity while maintaining privacy. Installing a skylight is one of the most impactful ways to enhance both the brightness and beauty of a room.
- Model comes with specially engineered VELUX ECL flashing which is required for installation on a shingle, shake, or slate roof
- Inside curb dimensions for VELUX FCM 2222 models are 22-1/2 in. by 22-1/2 in. and outside curb dimensions for FCM 2222 models are 25-1/2 in. by 25-1/2 in.
- Qualifies for a 10-year No Leak installation warranty when installed with the included ECL flashing on a shingle roof with a pitch between 10° and 60°
- Features tempered energy efficient, low-E3, argon-filled, dual glass panes
- Consider adding a VELUX solar powered blind (sold and shipped separately) which is eligible for up to a 30% federal tax credit and allows you to control the light
- Consider upgrading to a solar powered Fresh Air skylight (model VCS) to bring both natural light and fresh air into your home using only the power of the sun, plus it is eligible for up to a 30% federal tax credit, making it very affordable
- Please note: we recommend and most building codes require laminated glass for out of reach applications