VELUX skylights are an energy-efficient way to bring sunlight into a home and make dark rooms come to life. Bringing natural light into a home through a skylight decreases the need for electricity while maintaining privacy. Installing a skylight is one of the most impactful ways to enhance both the brightness and beauty of a room.
- VELUX D06 and D26 models are sized to fit between roof trusses in a 22-1/2 in. wide rough opening
- Qualifies for a 10-year No Leak installation warranty when installed with VELUX flashing (required, sold separately) on a roof pitch between 14 and 85 degrees
- EDL flashing is required when installing the skylight on a shingle/shake/slate roof, EDW flashing is required for installation on a tile or high-profile roof, and EDM flashing is required for installation on a metal sheet roof
- Features laminated Clean, Quiet & Safe glass with a Neat glass coating that keeps your skylight cleaner, reduces unwanted outside noise, is energy efficient, and has an extra glass pane for added safety
- Consider adding a VELUX solar powered blind (sold and shipped separately) which is eligible for a 30 percent federal solar tax credit and allows you to control the light
- Consider upgrading to a Solar Powered Fresh Air Skylight (model VSS) to bring both natural light and fresh air into your home using only the power of the sun, plus it is eligible for a 30 percent federal solar tax credit, making it very affordable
- For D06 models, rough opening dimensions should equal 22-1/2 in. for width and 45-3/4 in. for height