VELUX skylights are an energy-efficient way to bring sunlight into a home and make dark rooms come to life. Bringing natural light into a home through a skylight decreases the need for electricity while maintaining privacy. Installing a skylight is one of the most impactful ways to enhance both the brightness and beauty of a room.
- Qualifies for a 10-year No Leak installation warranty when installed with VELUX flashing (required, sold separately) on a roof pitch between 14 and 85 degrees
- EDL flashing is required when installing the skylight on a shingle/shake/slate roof, EDW flashing is required for installation on a tile or high-profile roof, and EDM flashing is required for installation on a metal sheet roof
- Features tempered energy efficient, Low-E3, argon-filled, dual glass panes
- Consider adding a VELUX solar powered blind (sold and shipped separately) which is eligible for a 30 percent federal solar tax credit and allows you to control the light
- Consider upgrading to a Solar Powered Fresh Air Skylight (model VSS) to bring both natural light and fresh air into your home using only the power of the sun, plus it is eligible for a 30 percent federal solar tax credit, making it very affordable
- Please note: we recommend and most building codes require laminated glass for out of reach applications
- For C06 models, rough opening dimensions should equal 21 in. for width and 45-3/4 in. for height