Rated 3.3 out of 5Â by 98
Rated 4 out of 5Â by micj I would recommend this unit...but you get what you pay for.
Let's face it, this is not a high end wine cooler. You get what you pay for. However, it is a very good cooler for the price and works as described. It holds lots of bottles (50) and you can fit those wider pinot style bottles on some, but not all shelves, whereas other coolers don't handle them at all. The wire shelves do not smoothly "glide" out but they do "ok". There are 4 specific points I would like to address:
1) Bottle temp is rock solid: There are some reviews that complain about temperature fluctuation. I agree with the one review that states air temp fluctuation is not important, it's bottle temperature fluctuation. I totally agree with that and my bottle temperature (measured at various location using a thermometer pushed in through a corked bottle) is steady even though the air temperature fluctuates between 57 and 60F.
2) Unit is quite: I can hear the unit running when it cools but just barely. I have no problem with the noise (very soft fan blowing type noise) it produces and it's way quieter than the refrigerator it replaced.
3) There is no on/off switch. The only way to turn the unit off is to unplug it from the wall. Not good for an undercounted placement. You do not want to have to slide a fully loaded unit out from under a counter. But then again, if it's full of wine, you probably are not going to want to turn it off and warm up your wine...right?
4) Build quality: What can I say...it's made in China and it has that build quality. The front door is well made and looks nice, the rest of it has a cheap feel. Mine came with a bent door hinge which I had to straighten out to get the door to seat squarely on the front. The damage had to come during assembly as the box did not show any dropping damage. But the door does seal nicely and tightly.
September 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by DIYer Great little wine cooler
I really wanted to replace my dishwasher (which I never used) with something more practical that I would use. So I decided on a wine cooler. I found out I needed an actual under the counter one so my hopes for a dual controlled one were dashed since I wasn't ready to spend that type of money. After researching I settled on this one and am quite happy with it.
I know some people had mentioned it was loud but I will have to say it isn't (and no tweaking was necessary). The hum is quite low and barely noticeable. I have all sorts of beverages in there, including wine, water and wine coolers. I can now see that eventually I will want a dual control so I can better manage the temps but for now it's great and I really have no complaints.
It's a great little wine cooler for the price. This isn't a wine cooler with all the bells and whistles of a more expensive one (pull out shelves, wood shelves, dual controls) but it is a great entry level one to see if you will get use out of it.
And, it looks really nice under the counter. Very sleek and goes with appliances that are either black or stainless.
I, personally, think it's a great little cooler for the price.
September 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by denny go so far....very happy with purchase
looks good and keeps good temperature control.
delivery was smooth and undamaged.
holds plenty of bottles.
light gives a cool effect.
February 25, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5Â by GrillCoverGuy Nice size for price
We bought this wine fridge because we were looking for a certain height/width to fit in our bar space. Also, we needed it the same day. So it meet all those requirements for us.
It is a great size for the price and has a cool blue light feature.
- It's very loud. We have it in our downstairs bar area, enclosed in the bar and it is noticeably loud every time it kicks on.
- The racks are also very loud when you take bottles out/put them in. Makes a rattling noise from the bottles hitting the metal.
- Also the layout of the racks in a little funky. You can't pull out the racks to get bottles. It technically should hold all 50 bottles, but with the layout of the racks, I'm unsure if it will.
All-in-all I wish we had done more research and sooner to get a better quality piece. However if you're in a pinch like we were, this will do just fine.
November 4, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Mike2014 Great Value for the Money
The Home Depot was very helpful loading both units. The door was easy to reverse to have side-by-side units. Access to the wines in the rear is difficult. The shelf collapses if pulled out more than a few inches - the cooler interior is slightly trapazoidal in shape - wider in front. Our GE Monogram has great wood faced ball bearing shelves, but the Vissanis are one third the cost!
October 29, 2014