Remember when power tools were actually powerful? WEN's 12 in. Variable Speed Drill Press is a powerhouse for your shop. This bench-top, cast iron drill press has the power to drill through metal, wood and other materials. Max drill capacity is 5/8 in. and 1 in. thick cast iron. The variable speed feature allows you to target in the exact speed (infinitely from 580-3200 RPM) that works for your project. While you are working you simply move a lever and adjust the speed as needed. No pulleys and belts to change. Our design uses a mechanical variable speed which allows for the same power and torque through the entire speed range. A digital readout powered by LED's displays the running speed. Constructed with a rigid frame consisting of cast iron ensures accurate holes. Its powerful induction motor features ball bearings for an extended life and smooth and balanced performance even at high speeds. The 5/8 in. chuck with MT2 spindle taper gives you versatility with a variety of bits and features on-board chuck key storage, so you never have to hunt around for it. Worktable bevels 45 degree left and right for those tricky operations for the perfect right angles. Base has predrilled holes for mounting onto a bench or work stand. Slotted table allows for mounting clamps and vises for effective mounting. The X-pattern laser locks-on to your drill points saving on guesswork and sparing expensive materials. Remember when you could drill with laser precision? Remember WEN.
- Includes drill press, mechanical variable speed, laser, table roller extension, 5/8 in. keyed chuck and key, tools for assembly
- Mechanical variable speed delivers equal torque throughout the range, LED read out displays speed
- Spindle travel of 3-1/8 in. with easy to read, locking linear depth stop for repeatable drilling operations
- Durable 2/3 HP induction motor develops ample torque and power
- 9-1/2 in. x 9-1/2 in. cast iron worktable features rack and pinion height adjustment
- Laser target your drilling operation marked with an X-pattern display
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs