Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 17
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Fatherof6 Worked Great
I replaced an old bathtub and needed a new drain as well. This product worked great and was very easy to install. My old drain was copper. I had to buy a PVC attachment to attach this drain to the copper drain pipe in the bottom of my floor and they had that at Home depot. I first attached this to the bathtub. The tubes can be lengthened or shortened as needed then I tightened it all up and took it off the tub. I used the adapter to attach it to the old copper drain in the bottom of the floor then put the tub in. It fit perfectly with no issues. I attached it all up to the tub and it works with no leaks and no problems.
I especially like the rubber gaskets they provided. I would use this again.
January 5, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by AkronDIY Used half of it
The lower portion which secures into the tub drain opening is not a "low profile"...meaning, as the pipe leaves the drain, it travels a bit before turning - versus immediately turning. I was replacing a configuration where the pipe turned immediately - basically, with no radius on the top side of the pipe. Otherwise, quality was fine.
April 14, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DIYer Works good and everything included!!
Using this drain requires you to know a little bit about what's required; but once you figure it out the kit works rather well. A few points to keep in mind while your working.
1. If you have an old tub that your replacing; likely the way it was plumbed originally is different than today's code. Often many had straight drains; and the overflow was 90 degrees in; all of the drains are opposite now. Meaning; the drain is 90 degrees; and the overflow is now straight down. This typically requires you to cut the PVC and re-pipe the drain. Just remember doesn't really matter how you make the connections; just be sure that you insert a new trap.
2. Use installation instructions provided with the tub to get exactly where the drain should be placed off of the studs. Take your time and measure thrice to be sure that you have located it exactly where it needs to be.
3. The rubber gasket goes underneath the tub. Place it on the drain and a little silicone on it just to added insurance.
4. Place / level the tub ensuring the drain/overflow lines up perfectly. This is a very important step if everything doesn't line up perfectly you are at risk of cross threading and future leaks.
5. Place a thick bead of silicone on the bathtub drain area and gently spin on the drain. Don't cross thread and take it slow. If done right it shouldn't require too much force.
6. Apply the rubber gasket to the overflow and install it using the provided hardware. Takes a second to figure out orientation; but is relatively straight forward.
7. Let the Silicone cure for 1 hour (read the silicone tube for exact cure times).
8. Fill tub completely with water and let it sit for 1 hour.
9. Place hand underneath tub to confirm no leaks.
10. Proceed with cement board / tile or green board / tub surround.
Hope the above helps someone!
November 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Steve I like these. Toe Taps sometimes mess up. These twist drains seem to always work.
These are pretty simple. The overflow drain can cause confusion. The directions are basically non-existent. Wish the provided a better view of the gasket installation.
November 23, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Homebody Looks Pretty
Easy to install and looks great. The parts go together easily. Directions are clear and easy to follow. I like the pop-up top. All in all good.
February 3, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Robd Rusted within two months
This was somewhat cumbersome to install as it required some extra parts to fit my tub, including an extension for both the drain and the overflow. Additionally, the screws on the overflow have begun to rust within two months of installation, dripping rusty water down onto the remainder of the overflow and pretty well discoloring it. I am not sure how this is possible since we have never had water in the tub up to the overflow. This is the second Watts bathtub drain that I have had a problem with, and I would now not recommend Watts in general for residential products.
June 5, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by YpsiGuy Simple and easy
Was easy to put in and had all the parts. A little expensive but not all parts were available seperately.
October 22, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by mike top of the line
this product was easy to install and worked great it was inexpensive and has not dripped since i put it in would use again thank you home depot!
September 23, 2014