Rated 4.2 out of 5Â by 129
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Brenda met all of my expectations
I love my new fridge!! It is soo quiet. I was limited on size because I live in a single wide mobile home. I knew I wanted SS. I read tons of reviews online and once I knew the one I wanted, I searched for the best deal and that was Home Depot. (I have bought a few other things here recently and they always had the lowest price). I love the full size deli tray and the see thru shelves in the door that I can adjust to suit my needs. And it is on wheels so I will be able to clean under it myself!! The freezer space was smaller than my old one but I have more room on the "fridge" side which is more important to me. I would urge you to give this one serious consideration. I read reviews for a month and this one consistantly rated over a 4 on a1 - 5 scale. Does that ensure nothing will go wrong? No, it's not a perfect world. But the chances of that happening is less likely because I did a lot of reseach before buying.
April 9, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by BabyBear Good organization
This fridge was purchased to replace a 20+ year old fridge with goal of getting something highly energy efficient. The new fridge's motor barely runs and maintains it's temperature between the desired range. The noise level when running is about the same as the old fridge, but maybe a different tone. Nice arrangement of space and shelves, large amount of freezer room. One downside for people who drink wine, there really isn't a good place to put a bottle of wine that is standing up straight. Also you definitely have to bend down far to look into the fridge area, though unavoidable with this type of fridge.
September 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Deezy Bought the Maytag version
Bought the Maytag version of this fridge which adds a couple bells and whistles (better shelves, some filters, supposedly stronger door bins, and a digital climate control). We've had it now for about 5 months and it was off to a rocky start, but now we're quite happy with it.
It's quite LOUD when new...you will see this from other people. When the compressor starts it makes a loud whine, and the first few days you'll hear clicks and clangs while it all sorts out. Fast forward a month or 2 and it's broken in and no louder than my old fridge (a whirlpool-built kenmore).
A few notes since I'm going to guess others will be buying this without seeing it in person as I did:
- Temperature control is for both fridge and freezer (my old kenmore had separate knobs to independently control each)
- The door seals are quite strong and much better than my old fridge...this was a plus as with the old fridge just closing the fridge would cause the freezer to open a little from the air displacement.
- The stainless steel can hold magnets...not sure what that means, but I was kind of expecting stainless fridges to not hold magnets, but this does.
- The side panels of the fridge are similar to the plasticy ones you can find on a 21 cu ft whirpool Cee 3 fridge...they're different than normal ones and they also hold magnets just fine.
- The shrink wrap when delivered is a real pain to get off. Seems Whirlpool puts the shrink cover on the bare doors, then installs all the plastic trim including the door handles after, so getting all of the shrink wrap off was a pain. We live on the wet northwest coast and within a week of not removing it fully I started to notice little bits of RUST pop through. Since removing most of it very carefully I haven't seen any rust.
Can't comment on the electricity useage much though, and haven't seen much of a change in the bills. Did get a decent $75 rebate from the local power company though.
Overall seems to be a good unit, probably one of the best in the 18 cu ft range if that's the biggest you can use.
October 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Harold Most Energy Efficient Refrigerator You can purchase
We were looking for a way to reduce our electric bill. We discover that this refrigerator is rated on Tier III by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE). It uses the energy of a forty watt bulb. It keeps its contents cold and is quiet. We notice that the condenser motor comes on less frequently, too. The door shelves can hold a gallon of milk and the trays inside are well organized. If it had a light in the top freezer, I would have rated it excellent in features.
December 4, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5Â by Denver7040 Not as nice as I had hoped
Purchased this to replace a 12-year old fridge that just died. It was quiet the first day, but seems to be getting louder, and now is louder than the fridge it just replaced. As often as it turns off and on, I don't see how it is going to end up being energy efficient. Shelves are cheap plastic. Design is awkward. Only the front door is stainless steel. The sides are vinyl. It's just a plain fridge that cost too much because of the stainless steel front door.
February 22, 2014