Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 1398
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Catino The Fridge is Great but Whirlpool's warranty and customer service is terrible!
My family loved the new fridge when we got it. But after a month we started having freezer problems. On one side of the freezer, ice builds up causing the drawer to not close correctly. We called Whirlpool, some one came out tried to fix it. Well, the exact same problem came back again and again. We are waiting now for the third repair guy to come out. My experience will whirlpool's costumer service has been terrible. Whirlpool does not have a lime policy so they just continue to fix the same problem over and over again. It is ridicules. So my advice to you is; if you buy a whirlpool product know if something goes wrong, whirlpool does not stand behind their products.
July 9, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Bella Happy with Choice
Still getting use to this model, but after having a side by side for years, I love having the French doors. Items are not longer stacked inside and one can actually store wider items. Freezer space is just enough for a couple. Will see how it goes...
August 16, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lisabug11 Space is amazing!
I love this refrigerator! The space inside is amazing, we use the middle drawer and measured fill far more than we anticipated. The only downside is the slower water pour, but that's why we love the measured pour
August 2, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by JeniJ Great fridge...terrible ice maker (buy the extended warranty)
I have owned this fridge for just shy of 2 years. Within the last year the ice maker has had to be completely replaced 3 times. The first time it was under Whirlpool warranty and the last 2 times under the extended warranty. Now it is slowly dying again. None of the technicians can figure out why it keeps going out. They just say it must be a design flaw. The people at the extended warranty told me if it did go out again then they would discuss my options with me. Don't know what the options are though. I am just tired of having to buy ice constantly. Thank goodness we have a fridge/freezer in our garage to store the bags of ice.
The fridge part of it is great though. Haven't had any problems with it (knock on wood). We love the big drawer. It can hold a lot of stuff.
I am only giving this fridge 1 star because of all the problems I have had with the ice maker. When you buy a fridge with an ice maker you should expect to be able to get ice from it and not to have to keep driving to the store to buy ice. The fridge was expensive enough.
July 4, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by thud Finally a Refrigerator for a Tool Guy!
So, if you walk into a tool guy's shop you will ALWAYS find at least one roll-away tool chest with many drawers and a few larger storage areas. Why? Because lots of drawers let you easily organize your tools and then find them quickly. The drawers give visibility to many small items at once. The larger compartments are for the larger items. With this refrigerator you can finally organize your cold and frozen food for quickly and efficiently finding the particular ingredients you need to make your favorite sandwich. It also means that you waste less energy because you keep the doors open less time!
Here are the drawers and separate storage areas this refrigerator has:
• 3 full width frozen drawers.
• Bottom freezer drawer has tall front section for pizza or other tall or flat shapes and the rest divided into 3 deep compartments to accommodate larger frozen items.
• Top 2 freezer drawers are relatively shallow so forget about the package of frozen blueberries only to find them on the bottom of a large compartment freezer burned 2 years later
• 1 full width independently opening drawer with temperature adjustment for your choice of cold food (not frozen).
• 3 vegetable drawers- a narrow middle one with a pair of normal width drawers
• 1 small full width shallow storage pocket
• 3 main compartment shelves (2 are adjustable height and split sideways) and 1 is split fore/aft to allow it to be half depth, allowing taller items in front of it.)
• 4 large door shelves or compartments, 3 of these can each hold 2 gallon milk jugs or other tall bulky items. We have dedicated one to cold canned drinks.
• The separate full width drawer has two dividers that can be removed or moved to the very outside to allow a full width (deli) drawer if desired.
When you open the double French style doors, you are greeted with a panoramic view to the back of every shelf and of the 3 vegetable drawers and of the small storage pocket! The glass shelves and door mounted ice-maker, combined with the best interior lighting I have ever seen in a refrigerator in my 65 years of using them, enable seeing everything without moving anything! Ditto for the freezer compartment lighting.
About the ice-maker; it is much quieter than our previous French door refrigerator who's dropping ice could be heard 3 rooms and a hallway away! In fact the entire refrigerator is much quieter. Furthermore, the door mounted ice-maker has several advantages over a fixed;
• More main shelf space with no shadows to hid food
• The ice storage bin removes to dump out all the ice at once say into an ice chest if you want
• The ice storage bin's open-top design lets you add ice from other sources easily.
Even better, there is a "turbo" ice making mode that fills the entire storage bin in hours. When this turbo-mode is on, the refrigerator does make a barely discernible whirling noise. Neither the refrigerator nor the turbo-mode ice maker make enough noise to be heard at all, except when standing directly in front the refrigerator very late at night in our ultra-quiet neighborhood.
The door mounted dispenser and controls are easy to use. I don't have ice falling out unexpectedly long after releasing the control lever like my old refrigerator. You can even set the dispenser to put out a fixed amount of water – a set number of ounces at once. I personally don't use that feature, but I suspect some people would.
We found the shallow storage pocket perfect for butter and cream cheeses. The 3 vegetable drawers let you put the celery or green onions apart from the fruits and other vegetables. You can decide for yourself how to divide your food types into which compartments, drawers, and shelves—there are enough to fit every cooking style.
How would I improve this refrigerator? As an engineer and designer myself, I always ask that question – I am "picky" as some of my friends say:
• The 3 vegetable drawers' handles are at the bottom of the drawer fronts—they take getting used too. Almost all drawers have the handles at top or front, not these. You must point your fingers down to use these 3 vegetable drawers.
• The same 3 vegetable drawers could easily open another 2 or 3 inches without hitting anything—they are a little difficult to get fruit or small vegetables out of their rear portions
• The top two freezer doors are hard to grab, especially the top one. They need handles!
• The separate full width drawer has two dividers that lock onto cleats on the drawer walls in only one usable place each— adding more cleats would add flexibility.
• The identical door shelves have a very course height adjustment; adding a few more cleats to the door molding would allow a little more flexibility.
• The controls do not report the actual temperatures inside- only the "set" temperatures. It seems it would only require programming and no added hardware to add that needed feature. We immediately bought both refrigerator and freezer thermometers.
• The full width temperature controls are too easily accidentally touched and changed from the desired setting. Also, I personally am not sure about the setting choices; which is colder; 1) "cold drinks" or 2) meat & cheeses. The buttons could have a clearing indication of relative drawer temperature choices.
• The sealed system is only warrantied for 1 year. Why not 5 or 7 years like many other refrigerators!
NOTE- the above "wish list" doesn't keep me from giving this refrigerator design 5 stars; it's ease of use, perfect lighting and flexible storage arrangements make it by far the best refrigerator I have every used in my 69 years.
December 14, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by overResearcher Pretty good overall
bought this fridge 4 months ago. big upgrade from the top freezer had before. the good: tons of space, no odor (if u put Italian restaurant leftovers in), water in door fairly cold, never run out of ice, freezer is well organized and big (don't hv separate deep freezer, 4th drawer good for soda cans yogurt and fruit, led lighting bright, doors have room for milk gallon. the bad: door flap doesn't always recess (left side bangs into right door when closing) will use extended warranty to replace, motor recently became quite loud (I've heard this complaint on other whirlpool models too - it's true), one of the shelves arrived w scratched front silver edge which are like fake tape garnish. overall it has good temp regulation, freezer doesn't frost up and it's huge. I would buy it on sale and get the ext warranty (I rarely buy ext warranty, but these are expensive machines). I'll include a photo of the door flap protruding which slams into right door.
November 10, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Dee Why did I wait so long?
I read the reviews and ALMOST DID NOT purchase because of them. I don't know about their fridge but Ours is GREAT it holds more than I ever thought. I keep forgetting about the second draw for the fridge. MORE ROOM YEAH Pensacola fl.
May 30, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by 1234567 Functional but Noisy
I have had this fridge for 4 months now. We love the middle drawer, as well as all of the other little conveniences that the design has to offer. The freezer pull outs are amazing! Downfall, this refrigerator is VERY noisy, which is disappointing because everything else about it is so great.
March 16, 2016