Rated 4.2 out of 5Â by 163
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Eric Great washer/dryer combo
I purchased the Whirlpool 24 inch Thin Twin a few weeks ago and Iâve run several dozen loads through it at this point. Here are my observations:
1. Great little machine. My wifeâs a blacksmith and comes home fairly filthy on a daily basis. This machine gets her clothes clean, just like the bigger, more expensive models do.
2. The dryer works well. Iâve taken to setting it just on the low side of halfway on the auto-dry setting. My clothes come out dry but not cooked.
1. It has a small load capacity, but seriously, the small size is why I bought it. When my laundry basket is full, I used to run two loads in a standard size washer. With the Thin Twin I need to run three. Not a big deal for me. It fits a load of queen sized sheets just fine. I imagine it would do king sized too, but you might need to split the sheets into separate loads.
2. Itâs a bit loud, but not really that bad. Simply louder than a standard size of similar design. Close the door on your washing area (if thatâs an option for you) and you wonât be bothered.
3. The âdryerâs doneâ buzzer is very loud. However, itâs very easy to disable without any tools, and can be reenabled at any time. Basically, you just pull the wires from the buzzer (wrap the ends in electrical tape, safety first!).
Iâd buy this unit again, but reading the reviews from other people I can expect at least 10 years from this one.
One more thing, the lint trap (in the back of the dryer) collects a lot of lint. I can see that if people donât clean it out on a regular basis, the performance of the dryer can suffer. Perhaps thatâs what some people are complaining about when they say the dryer doesnât dry well. Due to the lint trapâs location, it might be hard for short people or children to reach (Iâm 5â10â and can reach it easily).
November 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Annoyed Product great. Delivery annoying
It's a washing machine/dryer. It's just like the old one that it is replacing - which is nice that it hasn't been digitized. Still turn dials and push buttons.
June 29, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5Â by mel25 Not Thrilled
Unfortunately the appliance that was in our residence when we bought this unit seven years ago was no longer working. We had t replace it with a unit that would fit the space, and no one makes a unit that was as large as the previous one, the dyer on top are all to deep, so in order to fit the space we took this smaller one, we took Whirlpool because it had an enamel tub, however it twists all the garments up, and also takes much longer to dry than my old one, would not recommend, have your engineers try to come up with a lager model that is not so deep!!!!
November 8, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5Â by TheLovelyAmy Want to throw this out the window.
When my son was born, hubs and I decided to get an apartment with a washer/dryer or hookups instead of constantly losing baby socks in the communal laundry at our old apartment. We figured this would make our life so much easier and were excited to use our new unit. For starters, we can fit in one load: 3 baby towels, 2 full size adult towels, 3 adult wash cloths and 2 baby wash cloths. So we have to do a lot of loads of laundry. Which wouldn't be so bad except: it takes three drying cycles to make our clothes dry. And that is even for loads consisting of 3 onesies and a baby sheet. Tiny loads take forever to dry. We clean the lint trap as well as we can but we can't get to the LOTS of lint behind the weird fence behind the lint trap. The agitator in the washer has also fallen completely apart, leaving us with sharp, frayed edges ripping at our clothes. I hate this machine.
November 13, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by catdbme Slim but Spacious
I rented this machine to fit in my tiny washer/dryer alcove. It fits nicely in there with room to spare. Even so, the washer holds a lot more than I would expect. I was able to fit a large laundry bag of clothing in a single load. It does make quite a bit of noise however. It'd be nice if the dryer buzzer was programmable so I could dry clothes overnight or while I was out without being awakened or annoying others.
November 9, 2014