Rated 3.1 out of 5 by 14
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Showercapwarrior Good looking fridge. Doing great so far.
We bought a fixer upper and was looking for a good focal point in the kitchen during the overhaul. This has worked out nicely so far. Once you step into the kitchen you are immediately drawn to this even with the fancy 8 burner stove just across from it. We've only put in about 30+ bottles and it appears to have with lots more space to go. The dual zones are useful when you drink both types of wine. It's able to chill our whites to a crisp 42 degrees. I prefer it around 50 but the wife prefers it colder. That's our compromise temperature. The shelving is on rails which is a big plus. Dislike the flimsy removable type. Everyone that's seen it likes it too.
March 5, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Peggy Worked Great Until Warranty Period Ended
We purchased this product in November 2014 and it worked beautifully until it was just out of the one year warranty. It died a week or two after the warranty ended. We had hoped that the company would assist us as it was so close to the warranty period but they ultimately told us we were out of luck. While the company can legally fall back on its warranty period it doesn't change the fact that they sold us an expensive product that only worked for a little over a year. My last wine cooler lasted 11 years.
They offered to look at it if we shipped it at our expense to their offices in California. We live in Illinois and this wine cooler weighs a ton. It would have cost more to ship it to them then to replace it, even at the $700 cost. STAY AWAY from this product and manufacturer. They don't build quality products and they don't stand by them.
January 27, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by BillDee VERY Badly designed shelves -- Required sanding, chiseling to make them work
* The shelves do not pull out far enough and the front shelf lips too tall to be able to remove the rear bottles. I saber saw cut down the front lip to about 1/2 the height. (Except for the top shelf in the lower section; that one was deep enough to get the rear bottles out.) See Pic below.
* Normal bottles closest to the shelf slides grind and catch along the rails. The shelves get stuck and the labels get ripped off. I chiseled and sanded away the wooden slats to get the bottles to sit down farther. Pain in the rear, took all afternoon, but working now. See Pic below.
* Champagne bottles will ONLY fit in two of the bottom section shelves. Unfortunately, I keep the top colder for whites, and drink more reds (bottom, warmer section).
* As designed out of the box, NO WAY you can fill up this wine fridge and use it normally. They're packed in so tightly you have to remove several bottles to get the rear ones out. After my surgery on the shelf fronts, I still only put 7, not 8 bottles, on a shelf -- a little bit of bottle shuffling required to get rear bottles out, but I can live with that. So much for 46 bottle capacity.
* I STRONGLY recommend going to a brick and mortar place to really see, feel, and test drive the fridge WITH bottles (wild idea, huh?). Unfortunately, I trusted the reviews.
* On the positive side, the unit seems to have a reasonable noise level while operating. Looks are fine. Front door seems solid enough. Controls are simple.
* First pic: corners of slats cut down to lower the bottle enough to slide the shelf in and out.
* Second pic: all but one shelf had to be cut down to be able to get the rear bottles out.
June 12, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MacG Good value
So far works as advertised. Looks good built in. Bottle arrangement on shelves provide flexibility and is adequate for my needs
December 18, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Tanya Pretty, but does not cool anywhere near what it says
The top section for white wines doesn't get anywhere near what the thermostat says. Real temp is about 10 degrees on the shelf closest to the separator, and 13 degrees on the top shelf. Have to put whites in the fridge before drinking! It's very pretty, but doesn't work. Also, the first one we ordered was missing a screw hole to hold the separator in place on the left, so we had to lug it back to Home Depot. It's VERY heavy! The replacement one has all the right screws and screw holes, but makes a rattling noise when you open the door. If you press on the grill it stops. Not very good assembly.
August 30, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Meg died and no help
Purchased this 10 mos ago. It just stopped, completely. Home Depot washes its hands and sends us to Whynter. Though admittedlly under warranty, Wynter won't send a repair person and keeps sending us instructions on dissasembling the insides. They will communcate by email, on their wait several days schedule. I WOULD NEVER PURCAHSE THIS UNT.
September 18, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Matt Very disappointed
Barely past the one year warranty my cooler stopped cooling. Their customer service sent me a replacement starter and relay but they were not the same parts. I sent pictures of the parts they sent me and the parts off my cooler and they responded saying I was sent the correct parts. ANYONE looking at and comparing the replacement parts and my original parts could tell they are NOT the same. I asked to speak to a person in tech support who could explain how the replacement parts would work (square peg in a round hole) but they never responded. For what this cooler cost and having it break in a year then dealing with a very useless and non-responsive customer service I would not recommend buying this wine cooler.
December 31, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Winer Quiet and not quite
It is put together well
It is quiet and smooth
But like most coolers its capacity is not practical. 38 bottles at best
June 16, 2015