Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 33
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Dave1899 WoodRX is the right "prescription" for your outdoor wood needs.
WoodRX was easy and fast to apply. Cleanup was a breeze. The color is beautiful and makes my deck and outdoor wood furniture look fantastic. The folks at WoodRX will answer any questions about how to use the product.
July 26, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by bicoastal easy DIY
Very easy to apply. Sprayed easily and evenly, although I needed to keep a brush and a broom handy to spread the stain where wood was vertical or uneven. Sprayer worked perfectly.
Dried in 10-12 hours even in the shade, although it could have been sooner as I didn't check.
There is a reddish color to the stain, not colorless.
Appeared to soak well in the wood (one year old).
Slightly slippery when dry in areas where the stain was deeper due to dips in wood.
July 19, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kiptap Easy to use stain with good looks result
This is an easy to apply stain and looks and performs well, although its hard to get the 600 sq. ft..coverage out of the 2 gal. I did not have any real problems with runs, if I did experience a run, I just brushed it and it blended in with zero problems. The color mellowed out after a few days leaving a really nice almond type color.
Here are some tips for use with this stain on a fence.
1. It is imperative that you keep the sprayer under full pressure at all times while applying the stain. If you don't it will apply the stain too heavy and unevenly. It will just make more work for yourself and use more stain but the wood soaks it up and still looks good.
2. You need to remove the tip and soak it in water if you don't use the whole 2 gal. in one shot.
3. Start spraying and quickly move over your pickets. Give it a few to soak in and spread a bit then overlap a bit moving quickly. Wiggle the sprayer tip on a diagonal to provide a wider even coverage.
4. You'll probably need more then expected but the results are worth it, especially for how easy it is to apply.
5. Make sure the sprayer top lid is tight prior to pressurizing. Be careful with the pump handle it seems like it could snap if too much pressure is applied wrongfully, although I never broke any part of the sprayer. Its not really the most industrious sprayer out there but I didn't plan on reusing the sprayer afterwards. If the trigger gets locked fully on and wont stop spraying, I think you push forward on the trigger and it will release. (causes a little panic at first when it happens).
6. Have a wet paper towel ready just incase you spray something accidently. Just quickly get some water on it and dilute it and the overspray should just wipe off. I wet down everything I though might get overspray and had zero problems, but I was able to control the sprayer really well after about a gallon.
Its easy to apply, applies fast, cleans up easy, looks good, performs well, just hard to get the suggested square foot coverage out it. Love the product, can reapply at anytime and dries fast, hard to beat it.
July 26, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jay Great Product
You will use more paint due to overspray but you make up for the extra costs in saved time.
July 19, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Russ good purchase
1 of the four pump sprayers had a partially broken pump handle, I made it work, but it was a hassle. 1 of the 4 pump sprayers came a day later than the other 3. Out of a total of 12 sprayers, I guess this wasn't too bad.
July 15, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TGH Easy to Use
This product is very easy to use and the sprayer makes it convenient. It goes on even which is a blessing. We paid a lot for a back yard 8 foot privacy fence and we wanted it to last. This is the best product on the market to protect the wood from the sun, rain and freezing temperatures,
June 24, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by speedy Saves time
I used WoodRx ultra natural transparent to re-stain my hunting camp in northern Michigan. The cabin is sided with tongue and groove knotty red pine which hadn't been resealed in about 20 years. Needless to say it was in pretty rough condition. After pressure washing all sides and replacing a few water damaged boards it was time to apply the stain. The two gallon sprayers were very nice for applying the product instead of having to dip a roller In a pan and drip stain all over. Still had to back roll or brush the stain to make it nice and even, so a second person to follow behind and do so is helpful. This stain dries quickly, so a second coat can be applied in short order. This product is very thin compared to most stains, so cutting in with a brush can be a little trickier, as it does tend to run a bit. Cleanup was a breeze with just water on brushes and rollers. Soap and water with a little elbow grease washed off dried stain on my skin and glasses. One word of caution to those of you who live in northern forest lands. The porcupines have found this stain very palatable and have chewed several pieces of trim and siding immediately after this stain was applied. This had never happened to me before so I attribute it to the stain. I would buy this product again, but will reserve final judgement until I see how long it lasts.
June 24, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by GinOKC Honest opinion
This will be my second time to use this product. The first time was on two, newly needed, gates. That was two years ago and the product has held up as advertised. It repels water and hasn't faded. The second time, a new $10,600.00 fence surrounding our backyard (finished last month, May 2016). My first experience, with the gates, went well and the product covered well. However, if you use the sprayer make da*mn sure you cover stuff you don't want to get this product on!! I can't stress that enough! The "over spray" will get on a lot of things you don't want to get it on. Especially cement. Also, while using the sprayer, it WILL run on you. I tried spraying lightly, but that didn't cover well. If your meticulous, you might want to have a paint brush handy to "work in" the runs. I didn't do that. I covered my fence heavily with this product. Up close, you can see the runs. Far away, you couldn't. I covered, roughly, 400 feet of fence (front and back) with 10 bottles of this product. Yes, 10! I spent my whole weekend applying this product. When you touch it, after it dries, it sorta feels like a plastic coating has been laid over the fence. I've used other products and the wood seemed to soak up the product more than this one did. The lighter the tone of the product the easier the coverage (dark versus light spots). I've heard several complaints about the sprayers. Here's what you need to know. First, when you pull it out of the box, tighten the handle of the sprayer by turning it clockwise (right). Every single one I pulled out was not tightened. This will keep air from escaping the pump. Second, you will have to adjust the sprayer. On the very end of the sprayer you will see a brass nozzle. You want to tighten it, then loosen it (very little). This will give you a fan like spray. The looser the nozzle the less it will fan. You may also, from time to time, need unscrew the nozzle and clean it out. I've had little particles from the product get stuck in the nozzle. Hope this helps.....Mic drop....
June 1, 2016