Rated 4.7 out of 5Â by 28
Rated 5 out of 5Â by TNDeb Life Saver!
I bought this Jaw Saw and have only used it twice, but I am so happy I did. This is my third WORX product purchase. I am a 62 year old female and have some arthritis issues. This thing is a life saver! It is so easy to use, even I can do it! I am very safety-conscious and was nervous at first about using it, but it is so safe and easy to use, I feel very comfortable. Only negative is that I wish the battery lasted a bit longer (or came with two like someone else suggested) but I would buy it again or recommend it to a friend. As a matter of fact, I already did.....to several friends!
July 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by nerf Beats the competition
I compared the JawSaw to A*z*n reviews of a similar saw ("A") before buying the JawSaw.
(1) The quality of the A's battery was a unanimous complaint: it is an 18v NiCad battery which doesn't hold a charge long and power drops off as the charge goes down. One reviewer said "The batteries never did last more than about 10 minutes on the job."
The JawSaw's 20v Lithium battery lasted an hour my first time with it (not continuously running, of course). The manual says it will last longer after repeated charges. Power never dropped off until the charge ran out completely.
(2) Another unanimous complaint about the A is how hard it is to add oil, which is very easy on the JawSaw.
(3) The A got frequent complaints about the chain -- difficulty with it coming off, difficulty in adjusting the tension, and with it cutting the chain guard (which on the A, doesn't completely cover the chain and bar like the JawSaw does). The chain never came off in my hour of use. The JawSaw's chain tension is done semi-automatically (loosen and immediately re-tighten a nut).
(4) The A requires 2-hands to operate. While JawSaw says to use both hands, once the saw is working, it is possible to take one hand off to hold a limb or tree. And no bending when a tree is on the ground. Stand over it and press down. The one hand operation also makes it possible to use a 5' extension handle with it (not available yet -- the corded JawSaw's extension will not work with the cordless JawSaw). There is no extension for the A.
(5) The A's battery takes 8 hours to charge with the standard charger. The JawSaw's only takes 3 hours.
I really liked being able to cut down saplings at ground level -- just laid the saw on the ground at the base of the saplings and started it up. With the bar/chain guard, there was no worry about the chain hitting the ground.
I cut down at least 20 saplings in the first hour without a problem.
The A is 40% cheaper than the JawSaw, plus the A's battery is almost 60% cheaper than the JawSaw's battery. The JawSaw is clearly better, but you are paying a lot for the improvement, especially since to use the JawSaw for more than an hour, you will need at least one more battery, but for all the improvements and advantages, I think the JawSaw is worth the price..
(1) The Worx web page for the battery says you cannot overcharge the battery, but the charger manual says you can.
(2) A Worx rep told me that an optional 5' extension pole would be available in another month or two, but the manual seems to indicate that it is only for the WG321, not the WG320, If so, that will be a major dissapointment.
March 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Rhiannon Easy to use
I bought this a month ago and it's been wonderful, to help clear branches due to storm damage. The battery lasts a good long while between charges. I will have to replace the extension as my helper let it fall with the limb and it cracked the aluminum pole, but that aluminum keeps it light weight...
June 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Sylvia Efficient and Fast!
I'm 61yrs and I needed something light weight and easy to use to cut yard tree limbs. This saw was fun to use, it cut through all the limbs like they were butter! I was laughing I was so surprized. It made an all day job for me done in under 2 hours including cutting the large limbs into 1 ft sections and bagging everything up. This saw performed exactly as it was advertised. I felt safe using it and the control because of the design is perfect. This is a keeper!
June 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by midirudi Best Investment of the Summer
The first 10 times I used this saw, the chain fell off and thought, yep this is going back!
The next how many times that I can't count, I had minimal problems. I have used this pretty heavily for the month that I have had it and absolutely love it!! Being a girl, my brothers would never let me touch a regular chainsaw and they didn't have time to help me cut down all the Sumac that was taking over the yard, so I ordered the Jawsaw. Would love to share pictures of all of that I have accomplished with it!! My older brother even said that it was perfect for me!! Something safe that I could handle and still work well. Battery life is very good. I cut down about 30 to 40 3 inch in diameter Sumac and I tired out before the battery did. Took about an hour and half to cut the trees into manageable pieces and piles to take to the road. It has paid for itself in one use!!
I hope it holds out for the rest of the summer and what I have planned for it!!
June 17, 2014