Rated 4.8 out of 5Â by 33
Rated 5 out of 5Â by nerf Beats the competition
I compared the JawSaw to A*z*n reviews of a similar saw ("A") before buying the JawSaw.
(1) The quality of the A's battery was a unanimous complaint: it is an 18v NiCad battery which doesn't hold a charge long and power drops off as the charge goes down. One reviewer said "The batteries never did last more than about 10 minutes on the job."
The JawSaw's 20v Lithium battery lasted an hour my first time with it (not continuously running, of course). The manual says it will last longer after repeated charges. Power never dropped off until the charge ran out completely.
(2) Another unanimous complaint about the A is how hard it is to add oil, which is very easy on the JawSaw.
(3) The A got frequent complaints about the chain -- difficulty with it coming off, difficulty in adjusting the tension, and with it cutting the chain guard (which on the A, doesn't completely cover the chain and bar like the JawSaw does). The chain never came off in my hour of use. The JawSaw's chain tension is done semi-automatically (loosen and immediately re-tighten a nut).
(4) The A requires 2-hands to operate. While JawSaw says to use both hands, once the saw is working, it is possible to take one hand off to hold a limb or tree. And no bending when a tree is on the ground. Stand over it and press down. The one hand operation also makes it possible to use a 5' extension handle with it (not available yet -- the corded JawSaw's extension will not work with the cordless JawSaw). There is no extension for the A.
(5) The A's battery takes 8 hours to charge with the standard charger. The JawSaw's only takes 3 hours.
I really liked being able to cut down saplings at ground level -- just laid the saw on the ground at the base of the saplings and started it up. With the bar/chain guard, there was no worry about the chain hitting the ground.
I cut down at least 20 saplings in the first hour without a problem.
The A is 40% cheaper than the JawSaw, plus the A's battery is almost 60% cheaper than the JawSaw's battery. The JawSaw is clearly better, but you are paying a lot for the improvement, especially since to use the JawSaw for more than an hour, you will need at least one more battery, but for all the improvements and advantages, I think the JawSaw is worth the price..
(1) The Worx web page for the battery says you cannot overcharge the battery, but the charger manual says you can.
(2) A Worx rep told me that an optional 5' extension pole would be available in another month or two, but the manual seems to indicate that it is only for the WG321, not the WG320, If so, that will be a major dissapointment.
March 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by NANA OF 9 ANOTHER QUALITY PRODUCT FROM WORX
WE JUST RECEIVED OUR CORDLESS JAWSAW AND COULDN'T BE MORE PLEASED. ITS LIGHTWEIGHT, STURDY AND EASY TO USE. THIS IS OUR FIFTH WORX PRODUCT AND WE KNEW WE WOULDN'T BE ANYTHING BUT HAPPY. ITS SO NICE TO HAVE A COMPANY THAT SELLS QUALITY FOR A FAIR PRICE.
September 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Claudette Great products.
I was amazed with the ease of using this product. I have some other of your fine products and they are all great. Thank you for providing these products.
September 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by azaz Just What I expected
Bought this today. We had a branch fall off of a tree in a drive way. I now have a wagon full of fire wood. The very largest trunk of the branch is still intact, but all of the tributaries which were 4 inches and smaller are sawed in pieces. I had read the earlier reviews and agree it is easy to handle and safe... and important to read he instructions. I was inspired enough that when I got done with the branch on the ground, I got out a ladder and cut several branches off of another tree that was arching over our shed. I've only had this for a day, and used it for about 1.5 hours. But it did everything I expected it to, I found it easy to learn and use.
September 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by TNDeb Life Saver!
I bought this Jaw Saw and have only used it twice, but I am so happy I did. This is my third WORX product purchase. I am a 62 year old female and have some arthritis issues. This thing is a life saver! It is so easy to use, even I can do it! I am very safety-conscious and was nervous at first about using it, but it is so safe and easy to use, I feel very comfortable. Only negative is that I wish the battery lasted a bit longer (or came with two like someone else suggested) but I would buy it again or recommend it to a friend. As a matter of fact, I already did.....to several friends!
July 3, 2014