Rated 4.7 out of 5Â by 20
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Catemaco I'm pretty happy with this ladder
This ladder isn't cheap, but the telescoping feature means that it collapses down into a size that's easy to store and to carry. It's surprisingly heavy for a compact, aluminum ladder, but because it fits under your arm, it's not hard to carry. The 12 1/2 foot height means that I can finally reach my attic ceiling securely.
July 29, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Audiobrad Very good, but...
I'm an experienced Do-It-Yourselfer with an engineering background. I just used my Christmas present for the first time today. Here are my initial impressions:
1. Just a little heavier than I expected. Not sure why I thought it should be lighter considering the loads it has to carry. Quite manageable though.
2. Opening ladder was a breeze. Though I read the instructions, I just started pushing it up and it went up easily. I extended it fully to lean against the side of the garage. I did check the green indicators before climbing.
3. Initially I placed the feet where I normally would an extension ladder. When climbing the ladder it seemed to flex a little more than I was used to, so I moved the feet closer to the garage. It never felt unsafe, but I weigh 165 pounds. If I weighed 220 it might feel too springy at full extension unless the angle was kept steep - which also feels unsafe.
4. Despite my concerns above, I never felt unsafe on this ladder. That may be partially due to the research I did searching for accidents or injuries attributable to telescoping ladders. I could find none for this brand or any other.
5. The job went without a hitch. When it came time to collapse the ladder, I stood at the base, made sure my fingers were clear of collapsing rungs and pressed the buttons. I was pleasantly surprised when the ladder didn't slam down and collapsed in a very responsible way. It also leaves a gap between rungs (for body parts that shouldn't be there) until you collapse the last rung. Cool.
6. I'm glad it went up and down without a lot of complications. The instructions were contradictory on how to do it. It first tells you pull up the 3rd rung from the bottom, but then gives a "tip" to pull on the top rung first to extend the ladder to it's full height. Well, regardless - the only way to extend it to its full length is to extend the top rungs first. This becomes obvious if you try to do it in reverse order!
The other odd instruction is close the ladder starting at the "highest extended rung". Huh? That would mean standing on the ladder and collapsing from the top down! Obviously, the natural inclination is to hold the ladder straight up, press the buttons nearest you, and let the ladder collapse rung-by-rung under its own weight. Thankfully, this worked beautifully with none of my digits being severed.
I like this ladder, and its portability has already proven itself (it wasn't my garage, so it was a pleasure to simply toss it in the back of the car). I'm a stickler for engineering and was impressed with how well this worked and the over-all feel of the product. My only two criticisms would be the confusing instructions and the advisability of a heavier person using it at full extension. It might be perfectly safe for a heavy person, but it might not feel like it. But the trade if is to get a Type 1 ladder - but that would be more expensive and heavier.
March 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by BONES THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT
I HAVE A RV AND I NEED A LADDER THAT I COULD
TAKE WITH ME. THIS LADDER IS PERFECT. NOW I CAN INSPECT MY SLIDE OUT AND ROOF.
May 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Crea8tiv Husband is happy.
I gave it 5 stars because my husband is pleased with his gift. But he has not put it to heavy use, yet. He is very particular when it comes to his tools. I researched this ladder and it landed a head of the pack. I chose to buy it at Home Depot because I knew he could return it or exchange it for another model it needed. You can get it a bit cheaper off Amazon--but I like the convenience of a store near by if it was flawed or he wanted something different. This seems to be the best one for the price with no complaints on other sites or with consumer reports.
I got free shipping on this--delivered right to my door. That's my kind of shopping!
January 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Frans The best ladder there is!
I first saw this when a home inspector used it to inspect the roof of my house.He recommended it to me and I purchased it as soon as I can.It's doing it's job for me and more importantly it's very portable and reliable.Sturdy too.I highly recommend it to others who might be looking for a ladder;price can be quite high for others,but it's reasonable since you're getting a very reliable product that you'll own for a long time.
February 21, 2012