Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 37
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by tjc Good product gets the job done but need 2.5 gal
Good product gets the job done but need 2.5 gallon
September 6, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Maria Best In Town
Tried others and could not get the old wax up nor put a shine on your floors like this product.
May 17, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by FloorsRus Floor Stripper That Works!
Been in Floor Refinishing biz over20+ years... Used lots of products, Spartan changed its formula on my go to floor stripper... Emulsifier Plus... Stopped working,,,
Went on a Hunt, Tried many,many, other floor strippers, This one works!!!
I use at 5-1 Ratio...
It will emulsify the old wax to Liquid!!!
April 19, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ecobill works as directed
The directions were perfect. If you follow them to a tee they work great.
May 10, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Thefloorguy It is reliable
I have used Zep floor stripper for more than 15 years. I have been buying it at Home Depot. It works good. I strip and wax floors professionally and almost exclusively use Zep. It is convenient to purchase and when you follow the instructions on the label it always does a good job.
April 12, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by hellothere A Tremendous amount of manual labor will be involved, but it works.
I made the mistake of applying Quick Shine and Mop 'n' Glo over a period of about 3 years to the laminate floors in our rental apartments. These products should be BANNED considering they trap dirt and scuff marks to the floor, leaving a shiny, yet dirty, surface.
Working by myself, it took me 9 hours to strip the floor of one 800 ft^2 apartment and about 13 hours to strip a 750 ft^2 apartment. Here are my lessons learned:
1. Use a 50/50 mixture of the Zep Heavy Duty Floor Stripper with EXTREMELY HOT water - as hot as you can possibly stand. I cranked up the temperature setting on the hot water heater to the maximum. I also boiled water on the stove. Using the hottest temperature water is CRITICAL to saving you time and back-breaking labor. This is one of the reasons why one floor took 13 hours to strip and the other took only 9 hours.
2. Wearing thick, insulated gloves, saturate about 15-20 rags with your Floor Stripper/water solution. Spread these rags over the floor to saturate the floor with stripper. This will help keep the floor wet and spread the solution evenly. (See pictures.) Leave these rags on one portion of the floor for about 10 minutes, then re-soak them in the stripper solution and move them to a different section.
3. Use a machine if possible, but clean the residue left on the machine as soon as you are finished using it. I rented a carpet cleaner from a big box store and it helped immensely in picking up the water and residue as well as scrubbing the floor clean. The only disadvantage was that I spent over an hour cleaning the brushes, wheels, rollers, and nooks and crannies on the bottom of the machine. Do not let floor polish residue solidify on the machine - it will be next to impossible to remove.
4. If using a machine such as a Floor Mate or Carpet Cleaner, use EXTREMELY HOT water in the machine. This will make a HUGE difference in your results.
5. Rinse the residue with plenty of fresh, hot water to ensure you get all layers of floor polish off.
6. Be careful not to splash your solution or any residue on the walls - you will need to paint over them to cover it up, or use floor stripper on the wall to remove them.
7. Even with a machine this will be an arduous process - break it up over several days or get someone else to help you. Wear hearing protection if using a machine, take breaks, and don't get too frustrated.
NOTE: I suggest buying the 5 gallon container of this product, since it is about the same price as buying three 1 gallon containers. I used about 8 gallons for about 1600 ft^2, so about 1 gallon for every 200 ft^2.
September 19, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Coolbre452 Worth the money
I bought this product to remove floor sealer. I first tried applying the product per directions. It didn't work as well as the reviews suggested. I applied it again without mixing with water. Worked ten times better and didn't damage my tile.
September 27, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by POPPY MADE MY FLOOR LOOK LIKE NEW
USED THIS PRODUCT TO STRIP MY 37 YEAR OLD VINYL FLOOR. I WAS USING MOP AND GLOW AND THE FLOOR WAS LOOKING DIRTY. MIXED THE STRIPPER AT A 4:1 RATIO OF HOT WATER TO STRIPPER. I ONLY MIXED ENOUGH TO DO A 4'X8' AREA, DOING ONE 4'X4' AREA AT A TIME. THIS WAY THE STRIPPER STAYED HOT AND WORKED BETTER. I APPLIED THE STRIPPER WITH A RAG. AFTER LETTING SET FOR 5 MINUTES I SCRUBBED THE AREA WITH A BRUSH I BOUGHT AT HOME DEPOT. I CLEANED THE AREA WITH HOT WATER AND A TOWEL. MAKED SURE TO KEEP THE RINSE WATER HOT AND CLEAN. I WORE RUBBER GLOVES TO PROTECT MY HANDS. AFTER THE FLOOR WAS STRIPPED I APPLIED 2 COATS OF ZEP STAIN RESISTANT FLOOR SEALER. I FINISHED THE FLOOR WITH 3 COATS OF ZEP HIGH TRAFFIC FLOOR POLISH. THE FLOOR LOOKS LIKE NEW AGAIN!
April 8, 2016