Rated 5.0 out of 5 by 1
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ToriB Absolutely the right choice!
We looked everywhere for a new double sink for our remodeled master bathroom. Not only were we having a hard time finding something that was a complete sink with top, seemed solid, and had simple clean lines but that was affordable as well. This fit the bill perfectly, not to mention the inclusion of coordinating mirrors! If you are on the fence about this one, I've looked at what else is out there and I can honestly say that you are not going to beat this one for looks, function, and value. Here are some details that may help you decide:
- This sink is HEAVY! It comes as one solid piece, and even though we tried, the top does not come off. We had to get this to a second floor bathroom and we had 3 contractors that faced the task, which was a real challenge. Given the size and weight of this piece, I can't recommend enough the white glove service to get this to the space where you need it. It will absolutely be worth the cost if you've got any stairs or weird angles to deal with.
- Our sink is placed on an outside wall. What that means is that our water pipes come up through the floor, not out from the wall into the nice opening built into the cabinet. We had to drill two holes into the base of the piece under the bottom drawers, and then others into the base of the cabinet sections. If anyone faces this same issue, I mention it because while it takes some effort, there is enough room going up the inside of the piece, behind the back of the drawers to allow you to keep you plumbing inside, and not forcing it into the walls.
- The cabinet is simple yet not boring. We had no issues with nicks or dings in this piece. While it is quite affordable, it is built well, all drawers and doors align nicely and we've had no issues. The walls and drawers aren't extremely thick, but it does not appear cheap. If you're looking for clean lines with functional space, this is it!
- I couldn't be happier with the space provided in this cabinet. It takes up the same footprint of our prior cabinet, but has somehow doubled the space! The fact that the cabinet openings go all the way up to the top adds several inches of storage space. The two bottom drawers add usable space as well, so that one doesn't have to stack things inside the cabinet. Use the cabinet space for taller items, and the drawers for all of the shorter items. Great configuration!
- This is a tall piece. I personally love this as we are both 6'2" tall. If you are on the shorter side, you may not want to go with this piece, however, you could likely just cut down the legs as they provide a couple of inches of height. This sits slightly higher than a standard kitchen countertop.
- Speaking of countertops, this one is lovely. I was concerned it would appear too yellow, but it is much more neutral and coordinates well with the Home Depot tile we also installed. I thought there was an issue with the finish, but came to learn that with travertine, it is typical that the finish seems spotty. I don't know how else to describe it, but on first inspection it looked like the sealant wasn't applied properly. From what I understand, that is a typical look for travertine, and now that the cabinet is in place, I don't even notice it and it is just a part of the look. The attached sinks are also very nice, big enough without taking up too much space.
We couldn't be happier with our purchase. If you like the look online, go for it! You won't be disappointed.
May 25, 2014