Rated 4.8 out of 5Â by 18
Rated 5 out of 5Â by alwayssomethingtodo Dupont Real touch laminate flooring
We installed this flooking in our newly remodeled dining room and front entrance.
It went in very nice and was easy for the do it yourselfer to get wonderful results.
It looks wonderful. Some day I would like to have it in the family room and the hallway leading to the bedrooms.
I wish there was more of this product in stock rather than having to special order, Although the shipment was in; in under 2 weeks.
April 27, 2006
Rated 5 out of 5Â by mrssico Real Touch Elite Laminate Flooring
This flooring was fairly easy to install. It took a bit longer than we thought as we were not working with a square room. We had to a bay window, kitchen cabinets and laundry area to work around. When all was said and done, it took 2 weeks (one full weekend and many evenings after work)to prep, install and finish (mouldings, etc) 300 not-so-square feet. Make sure to follow all directions and you should have no trouble. Now that it is all finished, we are so proud of how beautiful it looks! We had a house full of family last Sunday and they all raved over it! It looks fabulous and we could not be happier that we made this purchase.
May 15, 2006
Rated 5 out of 5Â by tizme So Much Easier than a Wood Install
What a difference vs. a tongue and groove floating wood flooring installation. For those who have before, and those who think they're ready to try... ahhh, the ease of the install!
We took a great deal of care exploring our options, and once we decided on laminate, we had our hands full deciding between them. So many choices... and what a range in price. Real Touch Elite is an incredible value... the underlayment is attached, the product has depth (even if it is MDF) and the V-groove is included! It was very important to us that it look like wood even if it isn't. Thus, the V-Groove design makes it more realistic. And, the seams between planks are truly difficult to distinguish.
We installed the Real Touch laminate in our living and dining room. The entryway between rooms is so large that it's like one giant room. I installed nearly 400 SF of flooring in only a few days... my 2nd pair of hands was a pair of Home Depot's cheapest knee pads.
1. Make sure you leave the laminate in the room @ least 72 hours before installing it.
2. Buy @ least 10% extra for waste... mistakes will be made. 20% extra would be wise.
2. Make sure you have a table saw and set it up OUTSIDE, for the attached underlayment & MDF make for ALOT of dust (don't forget the goggles). I used two saw horses with an inexpensive piece of MDF for my table saw base. Home Depot sells a decent table saw kit for $99.
3. You'll need a rubber mallet to tap planks together (forget using your hands unless you want to develop carpal tunnel syndrome), a pull tool to join the last row of planks, and an inexpensive jig saw with decent blades for custom cutting (floor registers and the like).
4. Take extra time to insure your first row or two are PERFECT or near perfect, for your entire room is based on the first couple of rows. Use several pieces of wood cut to a 1/2" to insure your expansion gap... the plastic spacers are lousy.
5. Plan to stagger your rowsâ¦ I only changed up every other row. Try to have a 2nd person especially if youâre a newbie. Youâll need the 2nd set of hands.
Best of Luck!
September 18, 2007
Rated 5 out of 5Â by littlerock55 Dupont Real Touch Is Real Easy!
I am delighted with my new floors. We recently installed this laminate flooring in the Living/Dining/Kitchen area of our home and it is impossible to tell it isn't real hardwood. The installation was slow at first until we became comfortable with the "click together" assembly, but by the time we had been working 1-2 hours it went together easily. Cleaning is a breeze. The free shipping by Home Depot made this so affordable. We had origionally planned on installing hardwood, but saved approximately $700.00 using this product. I am sharing this information with all my friends because I believe this is the best way to go when remodeling. I am now thinking of using the stone look laminate by Dupont in my bathroom!
November 30, 2006
Rated 5 out of 5Â by fillyok Beautiful flooring
I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this product and it certainly paid off. I think it looks great in my living room and kitchen.
I went the cheap route and invited friends and co-workers over to help install it. It took a while, but the end result was worth it. We even did some experimentation on how durable the flooring is by hammering on a scrap of flooring--it took a beating and didn't even show a dent!! I'm positive this flooring will give me (and my four dogs) many years of happiness.
One bit of advice though, buy a few more boxes than you think you'll need. I had almost two full boxes of damaged planks. Some were utilized after being cut, but others were not salvageable.
September 23, 2007