Rated 4.7 out of 5Â by 44
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Acadien Garden Chalet 3 x 6
This chalet fits our small backyard perfectly and holds our two bikes and assorted garden tools. The kit was easy to assemble and the instruction manual was very well done. We're very happy with the product. It even smells great!
August 27, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Kohai Looks great!
I first starting looking for a shed for my kids bicycles and saw a lot of plastic ones that were disappointing and the wrong size. Then I found this one, which is perfect and awesome looking.
Assembly things to mention:
- We stained it with Sikkens SRD Translucent stain in Cedar color. We stained the parts before we put it together and got a bit carried away on the shingles and ended up needing a 2nd gallon to finish the last 2 feet of the last door. Since we needed a 2nd gallon to finish it, we decided to stain the interior as well. We spent 6-7 hours staining -- as I said, we got a bit carried away.
- The instructions for assembly are well written. As another reviewer said, make sure to align things as the instructions say. Sometimes it will say align with the siding and other times it will say to align with the frame -- the difference matters so follow the words closely. Things will align on the outside but may be slightly off on the inside, which is fine -- follow the instructions. The trim on the outside really will cover up the things you think look off while you are building it.
- Leveling it is important. I used a lot of cedar shims -- there may have been another way but I'm a newbie and already had a paver patio I was putting this on.
- A nail gun really makes light work of the nailing portion (there are still a lot of screws for a drill to put in). The wood is soft so screws are easy to put in and the nails need very little PSI to go in. Note for cedar that you must use hot dipped galvanized nails (not electro galvanized), stainless steal, or aluminum. Home Depot did not carry these types of finish at my local store for my nail gun -- I had to order them online elsewhere.
- Shingles! Drill pilot holes for the nails!!! There are about 10-12 shingles that must be installed by the user. They ship a couple of extra shingles but I still split a few before I started to drill pilot holes. I have one shingle that I glued back together with gorilla glue and clamps.
Overall, the instructions really made this project doable. The unit is light enough after it is built to move it around with two people pushing on it. For unloading, the Fed-ex freight guy and I removed each of the 3 boxes individually from the truck.
August 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Zachery Looks fantastic!
It took my father-in-law and I around 12 hours to get the shed up, but that included site prep and staining/watersealing as well as the actual construction.
We had some trouble with getting the trim on but it was because we sunk the shed base into a concrete foundation as opposed to sitting it on top of pavers. My suggestion is not to fool around with a complex foundation for this shed- a paver base would work best. To be clear: the assembly instructions were very easy to understand- it was our fault that we went with a different foundation type and so we had to improvise in some places when adding the trim.
Even with those slight problems, though, the shed looks absolutely fantastic and fits in well with our yard. We've recommended Outdoor Living products to some friends that came over for a cookout after we got it up.
May 6, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by SoccerDad Great Project, Perfect Place for Your Stuff
This Red Cedar Storage Chalet comes to you in three cartons with easy directions for assembly. It is a half-day project for two people. If you are not a perfectionist, get some DAP Cedar Tan caulk to make up for it. It smells great, looks great and should last a long, long time. Customer service is excellent. I also purchased a gallon of sealer and coated it for extra waterproof protection.
December 5, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5Â by SunnyDee This shed rocks!
Beautiful (and fragrant) red cedar, great hardware, easy enough to assemble (with helpers and the right tools), and a lovely finished product. Beyond my expectations!
June 27, 2012