Beautiful and strong. Those two words pretty much sum up YellaWood columns. They are constructed out of high density, C-grade dimensional lumber for beauty unlike any other wood porch column available. But these columns are more than just a pretty face. Thanks to the highest strength ratings of any glulam wood columns available today, these columns offer that rare combination of beauty and brawn. YellaWood columns are pressure treated for protection against rot, fungal decay and termite attack and then kiln dried after treatment to their original moisture content. They are then bonded together with a waterproof adhesive and protected by the application of an end-coat preservative that helps prevent checking and splitting. The hollow core in each YellaWood column makes them lighter weight than solid timbers and allows hidden electrical wires. Want to paint or stain your columns to match your house? Be our guest. Because these columns are kiln dried after treatment, they are ready to be painted or stained immediately.
- Pressure treated for long-term protection against rot, fungal decay and termite attack
- High grade KDAT lumber with small knots and no wane
- Higher strength ratings than other glulam wood columns
- Factory-applied end sealant minimizes checking
- Hollow core makes columns lighter weight and allows hidden electrical wiring
- Paint or stain without waiting