Rated 4.2 out of 5Â by 5
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Steven1953 Great for other uses besides re-enforcing concrete!
The 48 in. X 84 in. Remesh sheet can be formed into a round cage that can provide the gardener in the family with a perfect containment for Pepper or Tomato plants.
Tools needed for this project are a bolt or wire cutter, and pliers.
1. Take the remesh sheet and place it on a flat, even service. (a side walk or paved driveway.)
2. Bring one side of the width end up, bending the sheet into a circle, until both width ends meet.
3. Wrap the soft wire around both matched width ends about 3 to 4 times and Twist together.(plastic Ties work well too.) Tie about 2 or 3 more of these down the length of the mesh where the width ends are butted up.
4. With the wire or plastic ties in place, turn the oblong cage horizontal, on a flat surface with the tied ends at the top.
5. Using pressure with your hands, begin forming the cage into a round shape.
6. Flip the cage so as it stands vertically, you now have a cage that can be placed over a variety of young garden plants that need support from wind and animals that might hamper their growth.
February 11, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Gourmater Amazing for veggie trellis!!
The spacing is PERFECT for tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, beans, cantalopes and small watermelons. If built vertical, you can grab 2# fruit right through the mesh. If you angle it 15-25 degrees, the fruit hangs in the SHADE under the mesh while the leaves grow on top in the sun!!! Shade protects peppers or melons growing growing in the ground underneath.
I used 1/2" EMT (about $2 ea.) conduit as stakes (cut 7' long, space them 7' apart) and mounted the mesh 15 inches up from the ground. Space maters 24-30" and double your yield/ cut work in HALF!
November 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by tony used for tomato cages
Perfect for making tomato cages , cut to 5' length and bend in a circle . if you get 3 sheets you can use your scrap pieces to make a triangle shaped cage .
April 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Desi Did what is was made for
Product did what it was supposed to do. Pick up at the store was painless.
June 27, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5Â by Hollie Misleading product description
Says it's 48 x 84 but it's 42 x 84. Had to return them.
June 11, 2013