Rated 4.3 out of 5Â by 112
Rated 5 out of 5Â by harmar Looks Fabulous
First of all the fridge looks fabulous. Since it is shallow it sits flush with our cabinets and just comes out far enough for the doors to open. We have had lots of compliments.
It is not a large fridge. We are a family of 2 so it is fine and would probably be okay for a max of 4 people. You need another fridge if you have a larger family. Also the crispers are small so if you eat a lot of vegetables it does not have a lot of room.
Shelving is good; inside lighting is bright; very quiet. Also, I have no problems with the freezer. I have had it about 2 months so I have had time to really get used to it.
Before I bought it I had another fridge picked out but then went to the store and the LG just shined.
December 9, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5Â by joacchim Great design, poor implementation, high price
Bought this fridge one month ago to replace our dead J...A..
- Extremely quiet. Quietest fridge I have ever owned.
- Cabinet depth for shallow openings (see other comment below)
- Lots of storage space in the upper fridge doors.
- LED lighting in upper fridge is nice and bright.
- Stated width does not allow for hinge sides of doors. If you have a 36" wide opening as I do, you cannot place the fridge all the way into the opening so that it's flush, else the french doors will bind in the opening when opened. Add 1/4" to width dimension to allow for flush install. (And mine's a tight fit despite the opening being 1/4" wider than the fridge's stated width spec of 35-3/4".)
- Freezer organization is barely adequate. One vertical divider can be used to separate meat from other stuff but the freezer drawer is so deep that things just pile up on one another, making them hard to find. Upper drawer is nice, tho'.
- Not offered in black or white, only stainless steel finish.
- Temperature display is the setpoint, not the actual temperature. I would like to know what it really is, not just what I have set it for. Nice for setting the temp but otherwise useless.
- Expensive for a smallish refrigerator. Thus my low value rating.
- Manual states you must leave 2" behind fridge for air flow, so add 2" to stated depth dimension to determine if it will fit "flush" into your space.
November 11, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5Â by Gracie Buyer Beware
We purchased this from Home Depot in 2010 for $2200. We did not get the extended warranty. It's now dead on my kitchen floor only 4 years later, the repair cost estimate at about $1000, the motherboard dead and so is the compressor. We are purchasing a new fridge. Every LG appliance I've purchased looks great, works great, then dies long before its time. I won't be purchasing LG again. They are expensive and they do not last. I've had their dishwasher, their washer/dryer, and now their fridge. All are taking up space in a landfill and soon to be joined by the fridge. Hasta la Vista, LG. Don't let the door hit you on the backside on your way out the door.
August 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by newyorker Love it
I love my new frig. It's bright, has lots of room and since it's shallow depth things don't get buried like my old frig....some reviewers don't like the alarm but, with 2 kids constantly opening the frig, the alarm has come in very handy. Doesn't bother me at all. Only downside is that I had to remove one of the top shelves to make room for 1 liter bottles of seltzer. If they had designed one of the shelves to accomodate the liter and a short shelf for short items like jars, that would have been useful. But overall excellent. Also, be aware that this product is not the 'fingerprint free' stainless - make sure you buy the stainless steel cleaner product!
November 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by gfras Luxury fridge from our previous old skool fridge
Owned this for a few months after remodeling our kitchen and discovered how much pricier counter depth fridges are. I finally pulled the trigger on this after a lot of research. We cook alot and it has alot of space for condiments, big milk gallons, leftovers storage containers, yogurts, drinks etc. Love the long skinny middle drawer. We eat alot of cheese so that's our cheese drawer. I personally dont like the alarm when door is open so have that turned off. Love that the ice cube shapes are small enough to fit in my daughters sippy cups. I wish it was a little less expensive but its worth it if it lasts a long time--time will tell! Overall, no regrets!
September 4, 2014