Rated 3.9 out of 5Â by 176
Rated 4 out of 5Â by bookshelves looks good, easy to assemble
The bookcase is made mostly of solid wood and uses hex bolts for assembly of the structure except for the top that uses screws. The facades on the sides and bottom use pegs. The bookcase took no more than 30 minutes to put together (following the instructions, after the items were laid out on the floor). Assembly was easy. No special tools are required except for a phillips screw driver for the top and a rubber mallet for the facade. An Allen wrench for the hex bolts came with the parts. The item was worth the price in my opinion.
January 17, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5Â by Jason Underwhelming.
1. Assembly is relatively tool free, in theory - only a hex wrench and Phillips screwdriver are required.
2. Bookcase is mostly solid wood (backs are pressboard, but that's not a big deal).
3. Finish is attractive.
1. The bookcase I received does not appear to be made of the advertised wood (parawood/rubberwood), but some species of pine. Whatever it is, it's quite soft and dented easily - a number of pieces came out of the package with significant dents and dings. Unfortunately I didn't have time to wait for replacements.
2. Several pieces were warped, particularly the moldings - three of which were warped in two directions. This made assembly quite difficult.
3. The supplied press-fit fasteners are difficult to get seated, but somehow do not hold strongly enough to compensate for the aforementioned warping. The moldings sprang loose, eventually having to be held with screws, glue and overnight clamping. It was far more work than it should have been to assemble.
Had I known about the above issues, I would not have purchased this piece of furniture.
November 18, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5Â by Nitabita Not the quality expected for the price paid.
If was easier to return would have. Several flaws. Bands holding pieces together damaged the wood, which wasn't noticed until put together. Not the quality one would expect for the price. Won't ever order online again something boxed and needing to be put together. Very disappointed. Husband had to buy extra material to nail to back to stabilize.
November 19, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5Â by JB007 The product is what I expected
The look, touch and finish of the wooden book shelves was very good. The directions were clear and the product assembled easily. I am very satisfied with the finished product. Shelves are thick enough to handle the load from heavy tech manuals.
August 8, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5Â by tdaero Great Bookshelf
Looks very nice and was easy to assemble. Took about an hour.
March 2, 2013