Rated 1 out of 5Â by 3
Rated 1 out of 5Â by Seriously Not as described and not worth the money
I agree with the first review. Ordered my cabinet about the same time and was equally disappointed. The measurements for depth were excessively shorter than the 8.5" that was claimed. Two of my main reasons for ordering this particular cabinet were the depth (as described) and the fact it was made of "wood" not particle board. When we received it, we were very disappointed in the material. It looked cheap (which it certainly wasn't). The pegs for holding the shelves were missing. Most disturbing was the fact that the cabinet was shallow. The shelves were 5" in depth. Even measuring with the doors included only made it to 7" and the crown molding hung off the back (maybe it was made for a deeper cabinet). All in all, it was not made well enough for the money, even if the shelves had been deeper. It was returned. Most disappointing! If there was a rating less than 1 star, I would have chosen that instead.
February 13, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5Â by David I was very disappointed with this cabinet. The published measurements led me to expect much wider shelves.
I was very disappointed with this cabinet.
1. The published measurements (8.5" depth) led me to expect the shelves to be of that depth, and this was the primary reason I chose this product. But this proved to be the width of the crown! The shelves were 5" wide, like those of cabinets offered at a quarter of the price of this one.
2. The published details state that the product is almost entirely made of wood. But only the two doors, the 2" wide front frame and the side walls were made of plywood. All the rest proved to be made of particle board or (in the case of the crown) some much lighter material. I suppose particle board could be considered to be wood, since the particles are presumably of wood, but I find this description misleading.
3. No handles are supplied. This was as advertized, but I found it disappointing just the same. Most cabinets of this kind come with handles.
4. The holes into which shelf pegs must fit are 2.5" from each other, which offers very limited choice for the spacing between the shelves.
5. The time between placing my order and receiving the product seemed unreasonable - though it was as advertized.
6. Since ordering the product, I have found similar sized products on sale at a quarter the price!!
January 25, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5Â by nono The product is cheaply made for the price we paid
white covered cheap board, pretty much falling apart when received.
January 10, 2014