Rated 4 out of 5Â by 124
Rated 3 out of 5Â by texasbluedog Good Product...a few flaws...
We needed a replacement refrigerator right away and didn't want to spend $2500 plus on a new one. We've had it for 3 weeks now and here are the pros and cons.
* affordablly priced Stainless refrigerator that runs quitely.
* Looks good.
* 60 second door alarm...very cool...I can't tell you how many times the kids have left the refrigerator door open...the alarm sounds when the door is left open for more than 60 seconds.
* Our #1 complaint is the LED lighting...looked good in the store with nothing on the shelves, but once you fill the shelves there is not enough light to even read a label on a jar.
* Something I would have never even thought about was the fact that the top of the regrigerator is NOT flat. It has a large 16" X 17" electrical cover plate that sit up 1/4"...if you're like us we like to put items up on top of the refrigerator, but this plate makes it very difficult to place large items evenly
* Ice and water dispenser light is just a green led light and the problem is that its very hard to identify what it's set on. It would be great if LG could illuminate the actual icon (CUBE, WATER or CRUSH). It seems whenever I want a glass of water its set on crush and now I have ice all over the floor.
I hope this review helps.
April 21, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5Â by Stephen LG 26.5 CU. FT. Fridge
Staineless refrigerator arrived at our house with a a significant scratch about 1/3 up from floor. Very evident on the side exposed to sight lines from anyone in kitchen. We know the fridge will wear as we use it...was just EXTREMELY disappointed that Home Depot damage our brand new fridge. Should either be a discount offered or a return of the fridge. I can send pics if you want them, but I'm sure the delivery crew saw it on right side panel.
July 1, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5Â by BobsMom WORST purchase EVER!!
Glad that we purchased the extended warranty, but that was not enough. During the 1st year , ice maker was replaced 3 times, and then 4 times with the extended. At that point, after warranty, plastic rails on the Ice Maker broke, replaced them. Still not working properly, would freeze up , not spilling ice. but would continue to try to fill up the tray, hence dripping/shooting water in to the freezer. Freezer looked like an ice castle. No further help from LG. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Have been buying bagged ice for 8 months now. If the option were to rate zero stars, would do so . Walk away from this one!!!!!!
June 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by JD98 Great quality/price point
Haven't had the new fridge too long, but so far so good. I particularly like the ice maker's large capacity, speed, and metal (not plastic) auger.
December 17, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5Â by nhap66 26.5 CU FTSide by Side refrigerator
Moving into a rental without a refrigerator, we obviously didn't want to spend thousands on a refer, however, this one is without a doubt the worse one we've ever used or owned. The ice maker is very poor - 140 cubes in 24 hours!! The drip pan on the outside of the door is so shallow that the freezer door is constantly marked with water drips, the freezer ice compartment freezes up and the coil cannot move the ice - and, worse, the owners manual contradicts itself on page 14 "LOCK" which states "to disable the lock function, press and hold the FILTER button". However, on page 24 "not dispensing ice" it says to press and hold the "lock button". In the meantime, no ice and lots of confusion.
March 14, 2014