VELUX skylights are an energy-efficient way to bring sunlight into a home and make dark rooms come to life. Bringing natural light into a home through a skylight decreases the need for electricity while maintaining privacy. Installing a skylight is one of the most impactful ways to enhance both the brightness and beauty of a room.
- Features pre-installed metal pan-flashing, welded and painted flashing joints, and protective aluminum cladding - a combination which adds strength and durability
- Designed for use with roofing sealant based installation with thin roofing materials, like asphalt shingles
- Features laminated Clean, Quiet & Safe glass with a Neat glass coating that keeps your skylight cleaner, reduces unwanted outside noise, is energy efficient, and has an extra glass pane for added safety
- Consider adding a VELUX solar powered blind (sold and shipped separately) which is eligible for a 30 percent federal solar tax credit and allows you to control the light
- Consider upgrading to a Solar Powered Fresh Air Skylight (model VSS) to bring both natural light and fresh air into your home using only the power of the sun, plus it is eligible for a 30 percent federal solar tax credit, making it very affordable
- Please note: we recommend and most building codes require laminated glass for out of reach applications
- VELUX QPF 2230 dimensions for rough opening are 22-1/2 in. wide x 30-1/2 in. tall ; actual product size is 24-3/16 in. wide x 32-3/16 in. tall