The IWTS-14 SR in-wall surround speakers deliver spacious, enveloping surround effects for top-grade home theater systems. It features two angled banks of drivers facing front and rear that fill the listening area with the three-dimensional ambient sound essential for convincing, lifelike theater sound. The IWTS-14 is called a surround speaker because that's what it does. It surrounds you with the environmental sounds of the scene taking place on the screen. No matter whether in Dolby Surround, Dolby Digital, DTS, or any other format, the surround speakers are there to deliver non-localizable environmental sonic cues. These horizontally-mounted speakers offer a unique combination of benefits.
- The IWTS-14 SR is a Frequency Enhanced Dipole; It operates as a Monopole from 200Hz down, thereby eliminating the Dipole's tendency to cancel its own bass output; It is a true-wide range speaker, fully capable of taking advantage of the latest Digital multi-channel formats; A front mounted switch toggles between Bipole and Dipole mode
- They fit in standard "two by four", sixteen inch on-center wall construction
- The IWTS-14 SR features computer-optimized 18dB/octave crossovers with air core inductors
- Input connections are made with gold plated, heavy duty spring loaded terminals that will accept up to 8 gauge wire, banana plugs, or connector pins
- MFG Model # : IWTS-14SR-P
- MFG Part # : CL5113