Rated 4.2 out of 5Â by 170
Rated 5 out of 5Â by HappyBuyer Best mower I've ever owned.
No choke, no priming, I put gas in it and it started for the first time on the first pull. Still starts on the first pull. Self propelled controls flip out of the way when you don't need them. I could mow the yard 1-1/2 time on a full tank of gas with the old mower, since filling up the tank on this mower, I've mowed 4 times and haven't had to put more gas in it. Also a lot quieter than the old mowers.
May 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5Â by heapsma Mulch Option Leaves Grass Clean Looking
We've been very impressed with this lawnmower. It was shipped to our house and there was minimal assembly. All you have to do is add oil, which they provide, and lift the handle and click into place. It started easily with a light pull on the cord and provided a great mulch. You can see from the picture that the mulch option double cut the clippings to the point you can't see them after the fact. We like our grass to look "clean", so this has been our favorite result with this lawnmower.
May 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by KevinO Great for hilly terrain
I donât usually write reviews of products but I wanted to share my experience with this product due to the extreme pleasure it has been cutting my yard so far with this mower. I just finished cutting my yard for the 4th time with this mower and each time I have been more pleased with its performance. Let me break it down for you:
1. This mower is awesome out of the box set it up and it starts just like it promised first pull and since then it has also started on the first pull every time with minimal effort to pull the cord. Donât waste money on an electric start this mower is way too easy to start to have an electric option to begin with!!
2. The self propelled rear wheels are unbelievably strong and yes this mower will do a wheelie if you are not careful, this is a strong mower so you will have to practice to find your setting. This has been the one thing I had to get use to I had to find my setting and it took two uses to find so I would suggest practice to find your setting before you start cutting.
3. I researched this mower as well as others to find one that could handle my yard due to the extreme hills and terrain of where I live (see photos). I went with Honda due to the name and this mower has made cutting these hills so much easier I honestly could not believe the difference and as I stated now that I have found my settings for speed and handle location I can now cut my yard in an hour less time!!!
4. The blade cutting system is top notch the mulch setting leaves a very nice clean look to your yard and makes bagging seem like a thing of the past!!!
5. The blade stop is one of the greatest additions to this mower I have noticed. This option makes stopping to pick up or move something so easy just reengage the blade and off you go!!! If you are going to buy make sure and get the blade stop option.
I wanted to post the pics of my yard to help everyone understand how steep my yard is so it may help them make a decision on this mower. Like I stated earlier I just completed my 4th cutting and this mower has made cutting unbelievably so much easier. I would recommend this mower to anyone looking for a great self propelled mower to use on any type of lawn but especially one with hills and obstacles. I just wish Honda would now work towards a riding mower!!!
September 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Dave This mower is better than I expected.
First let me say Iâve only used the mower 4 times and may not need it again this season, too bad because that mower is more than I bargained for. I have a small yard at 6400 ft. in the high desert. The feature that attracted me to this Honda first was the blade stop. With the engine running and blade disengaged, it will power itself through landscaping gravel, up a rocky hill, through more driveway gravel, and to an out building where itâs stored. Of course, the feature is also handy for making wheel adjustments or stopping for obstacles while mowing. Then the fuel shutoff caught my eye. How handy when running the carburetor dry at the end of the season. Next, a really comfortable handle made for your hands, a clever adjustable thumb or palm operated drive control, blade controls, and throttle. Thereâs also a two position control that either directs the grass clippings into the bag or leaves them to be mulched. I havenât yet tried the mulching feature, but the twin blades cut the grass into such small pieces that I have to believe it will work well. There isnât a side discharge on this mower. That turned out to be an advantage because I could cut closer to obstacles in either direction. This mower does not have a hose connector for cleanout. I found though, that because of the handleâs two Â¼ turn releases, itâs trivial to turn it on its side to do what has to be done and without leaking fluids. Since thereâs no center bar in the handle you can remove the grass bag through the opening or fold it over the mower. The engine has always started on a single pull and performs well at this altitude. All the hardware that makes up this mower seems to be of high quality. I am very pleased. Sort of wish I had more grass.
October 23, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5Â by Trips Best mower I ever bought
A little pricey but worth it if you want all the features. This mower is simple to set up, and it started the first pull after adding the oil & gas. The blade stop feature is wonderful. I can move objects from my mowing path and the mower does not shutoff. The mulch/bag lever makes the setup of the mower very easy once you decide which feature you want. The double blade feature mulches the cut grass much finer than my old craftsman mower. It took me a few times cutting my lawn to get used to the self propelled variable speed control. I guess being 68 years old, I do not have the finger control like the younger computer game experts. Once you get familiar with operating the variable speed control you will never get a mower without it.
July 16, 2014