Homegrown goodness has never been so easy with the Back to the Roots Mushroom Kit. Back to the Roots gourmet mushroom kit enables urban apartment dwellers, suburban homeowners to rural farmers to quickly and easily grow up to a pound and a half of gourmet oyster mushrooms. Contained in each kit is a special mixture of recycled coffee grounds and mushroom seeds encased in a compostable box with a spray mister. Removal of either of the two perforated sides will reveal coffee grounds covered in a white layer called mycelium - the root of the mushroom. Our mushrooms bloom best when away from central air and heat and placed in a setting where there's indirect sunlight (e.g. kitchen window sill). Cut two slits in a + shape in the exposed plastic. Then, show your mushrooms some love by spritzing them at least twice a day. In 7 days, you'll see the baby mushrooms pop out and begin doubling in size every day until about day 10 when you harvest. Bonus Tip: Soaking the bag of coffee grounds and mushroom mycelium after cutting the + shaped slit overnight does wonders for encouraging a happy harvest. Back to the Roots (BTTR) is a 100% sustainable urban mushroom farm in Oakland, California. In 2011, Back to the Roots collected, diverted and reused 1 million pounds of coffee grounds and helped families grow over 250,000 lbs. of fresh gourmet mushrooms in their own homes.
- Botanical Name : Pearl Oyster Mushroom
- Everything you need to grow and harvest gourmet pearl oyster mushrooms in as few as 10 days
- Kit contains recycled coffee grounds for soil, pearl oyster mushroom spawn (seed), and spray mister
- Three simple steps: open box, mist with water, harvest the crop
- Harvest up to 1.5 lbs. of oyster mushrooms per box