Entryways that keep clutter contained. Coffee tables with hidden storage. Patio sets made for any size space. No matter what you envision for your home, we have what you need to make it work. Your home can do more for you, and look good doing it. With help from The Home Depot, you’ll always find room for more.
Whether you need to decorate a new home or apartment from top to bottom or simply want to update your living room or bedroom decor, you can always use new home design ideas. With a little thought, the right home decor can turn a bland space into a room that reflects your taste.
Options for Home Decor
Choosing the right furniture is often the first step in the household decor journey. Use it as the base of your design and add interior home decorations as finishing touches. Here are the essentials:
• Furniture: Make sure to have plenty of comfortable seating options in each room. Outfit your living room with a sectional, accent chair and plenty of surface space. Bedroom furniture should exude a sense of comfort and calm with the right mattress and headboard. Choose a mix of wood tones, metal accents and fabrics. Just be sure to have a dominant tone and that any accent color appears at least twice in the room. This provides balance.
• Wall Art. Use canvas paintings or prints to make a statement and framed photos to preserve memories. Add decorative mirrors to make a room appear larger. Dimensional room decor adds texture and interest to living room decorations.
• Home Decorating Accessories. The smallest home decor accents can make the biggest impact. Select throw pillows, floor coverings and decorative lights that coordinate with the design of your home. Choose accents such as votive candles, vases and artificial plants to add warmth to the space.
Tips for Interior Home Decor
To decorate a room from scratch can feel like a daunting task. Here are some pointers:
• Start with mainly neutral colors and add splashes of bolder shades here and there. For example, curtains and window treatments, painted wood trim and throw blankets can all make a space pop.
• Invest in quality furniture. This will provide a good base for your home decor and pay for itself with long-lasting comfort.
• Add some bling. Silver, gold or bronze lamps, frames and candle holders add elegance. Use them for traditional or modern living room decoration.
• Pair function with fashion. Look for furniture that’s stylish while providing hidden storage. Decorative storage boxes are a nice touch on shelves or under benches.
Choose home decor styles that speak to you. Rustic decor and modern farmhouse decor are on trend, but you can find furniture and accents for anything from vintage to contemporary.