Serveware makes all your hard work in the kitchen look great on the table. From bowls and trays to platters and tubs, the right serving pieces help you present your food and drinks in style.
Serveware for the Perfect Tablescape
Casual gatherings and formal dinner parties alike deserve a well-appointed table. Stylish and practical serveware sets make the party memorable and your hosting job easier. Make sure you have these essential entertaining serving pieces on hand:
• Serving Trays and Bowls. Stock up on platters, trays and bowls of various sizes—from big bowls for chips and salad to ramekins for nuts and olives. Use servings trays to carry appetizers and drinks around during a cocktail party. Or, place them on low tables for guests to serve themselves.
• Beverage Serveware. Nothing says party like a punch bowl. Pitchers are also perfect for topping off drinks at a gathering. A good pitcher is lightweight and has a sturdy, anti-slip handle. Use dispensers to always have water on hand for guests. Look for a spout that can be operated with one hand and a stand that raises the dispenser off the table.
• Cheese Platters. Create a wine country vibe with a slate cheese platter. Lay out different kinds of gourmet cheeses, and label them in chalk on the slate. Place fresh herbs and grapes between the cheese wedges for a final touch.
• Condiment Servers. Dipping bowl sets allow guests to experiment with flavors. Use soapstone bowls to serve cool condiments for barbecue or warm dips for artisanal bread.
• Cake Serveware. Give a special cake the presentation it deserves on an elegant white porcelain cake stand with a scalloped edge. Or, serve it in bite-sized pieces on a square tiered cake stand.
Serving a Crowd
For larger parties, keep your food hot and drinks cold with buffet serving dishes. Essential for large gatherings, chafing dishes keep food hot for several hours. Look for roll-top lids, comfortable handles, and Sterno gel fuel canisters for safe heating.
Give your guests easy access to beverages with party tubs. The best options are double-walled and have lightweight lids to keep plenty of drinks on ice. Make sure the tub has sturdy wheels for effortless moving. Handles make it easier to dump out the melted ice when the party's over.