If you’re looking to reinvigorate your bedroom, living room, kitchen or any other space in your home with a new palette, there are several popular paint colors that are expected to make waves in 2019. Familiarize yourself with these trendy paint colors, and make sure you think about the tools you’ll need for a DIY project.
Color Trends for 2019
Consider these color trends for 2019:
- Hazelnut: Hazelnut is a neutral color with undertones of yellow and orange. Light bounces off of this color paint extremely well, making it one of the most popular paint colors for living rooms or any spaces boasting ample natural light. Hazelnut can add softness to a room, particularly when combined with white trim. For more pops of color, try incorporating muted pinks, blues, or purples.
- Soft Terracotta: Terracotta is a shade of orange that exudes an earthy tone reminiscent of the Southwest. If you’re searching for kitchen paint colors, terracotta is a great choice because it adds an element of warmth and coziness to a room. While terracotta works well in desert-inspired décor, it also shines as a backdrop in contemporary spaces. To complement this hue, add accents of leather and deep-toned woodgrains.
- Forest Green: This deep shade of green has a natural calming effect. Forest Green is one of the most popular paint colors for living rooms and bedrooms because it offers a rich tone that inspires relaxation and comfort. For a more nature-inspired palette, pair forest green with earth-toned golds, or complement it with off-white trim for a more traditional look.
Painting Tool Tips
If you’re planning to do your upcoming paint job yourself, you’ll want to make sure you have the right painting tools on hand first.
- Rollers: When it comes to shopping for a paint roller, think about whether you’ll need a natural or synthetic cover. Natural covers, which are made of lambswool or mohair, are recommended for oil-based paints. Synthetic covers that are made of nylon or polyester work best with water-based paints.
- Tape: Painter’s tape is an essential item you should have in your toolbox. Be sure to use painter’s tape instead of masking tape. You can leave painter’s tape on covered areas for up to three days. If you were to do that with masking tape, it might pull off some of your finish.
From an array of neutral whites to a variety of black finishes and everything in between, there’s a wide selection of popular paint colors you can use to beautify your home this new year.