Christmas Tree Holiday Pallet Decoration
Time Required: Under 2 hours
Want a quick and easy DIY decoration to welcome in the holiday season? Build a pallet and decorate it with Christmas ornaments. Hang this pallet on the front entrance to your home, on your front porch, or even above the mantle.
Measure and mark out the lumber according to the cut diagram:
- Three 48-inch sections from the 1 x 8-inch x 12-foot common board
- Two 48-inch sections from the 1 x 6-inch x 8-foot common board
- Two 30-inch sections from the 1 x 4-inch x 6-foot common board
- Lay all five of the 48-inch boards flat on a table, alternating between the 8-inch and 6-inch wide boards.
- Leave a 1/4-inch gap between all of the boards.
Tip: To help keep spacing even between the five boards, use two paint sticks side by side between each board to give a uniform gap. (2 paint sticks = 1/4-inches)
- Center one 30-inch board horizontally across the five 48-inch boards about 3 1/2-inches down from the top, and secure using two wood screws in each board.
- Repeat on the bottom with the remaining 30-inch board.
- Use a glue gun to glue your ornaments in a fun holiday shape.
- Try a Christmas tree shape over a solid colored background, a holiday word, or just a random pattern.
Safety: When working with a glue gun, take care not to get your fingers anywhere near the glue gun tip or the hot glue.