Affordable Kitchen Updates
Time Required: Over 1 day
A newly remodeled kitchen may seem out of your budget, but you can make several low-cost changes that have a big impact. This guide will show you some easy, money-saving kitchen update ideas that will improve the look and function of your kitchen without putting a dent in your wallet.
- Giving your walls a facelift changes the look and feel of your kitchen.
- You can go for a drastic change with a completely different color choice for your walls, or go subtle with newly painted borders and accents.
- Even just a fresh coat of your kitchen’s current paint color can brighten up the room to repair any fading or stains that have accumulated over time.
- Reduce the amount of kitchen waste you create by installing an under-sink garbage disposal unit.
- Finely chopping food waste and flushing it down the drain will reduce the volume and odor of your trash.
Installing a new Energy Star-rated dishwasher cuts hot water use to save you energy while fighting messy sink clutter — or the visual distraction and higher energy consumption of a dated-looking older appliance.
- Replace heavily stained, chipped or scratched countertops for a fresh look.
- Butcher block, stone, composite, stainless steel and laminate are all great options that will instantly update your space.
- Get a new floor in less than one weekend with click-in floating laminate flooring, which you can take with you if you move.
- Or put down a runner or area rug to increase visual appeal and comfort underfoot.