How to Build a Beverage Station
Time Required: Under 2 hours
With just a few pieces of lumber and little elbow grease, you can build your own unique beverage station with a galvanized pail to hold chilled drinks. This guide will walk you through process of making this DIY drink holder.
Tools & Materials
Measure and mark the frame boards and shelf braces from the three 1 x 2-inch x 8-foot boards, and the three shelves from the 2 x 4-foot plywood board.
See these cut diagrams for reference.
- Stand the two 16-inch frame boards on end and parallel to each other.
- Sandwich the two 14 ½-inch short frame boards between the long boards to create a 16 x 16-inch square frame.
- Secure with brad nailer.
- Lay two legs flat 14 ½ inches apart.
- Using brad nailer, attach one 14 ½-inch shelf brace to the legs 7 ½ inches up from the bottom of the legs to make the bottom shelf.
- Attach the second shelf bracket 17 ½ inches up from the bottom of the legs to make the middle shelf.
- Repeat with the other two legs and shelf braces.
- Mark the center of the 16 x 16-inch piece of plywood.
- Hammer a nail into the center mark and tie a string around the nail head on one end and to a pencil on the other end, ensuring that the string when stretched from nail to pencil is 6 inches.
- Draw a circle, keeping string tight.
- You should have drawn a 12-inch diameter circle.
- Place the top shelf frame on a flat surface and insert the leg frames upside down into the frame with shelf braces facing inward.
- Keep legs flush with the corners and the top of the frame.
- Secure with a brad nailer.
- Double-check that the legs are secure.
- Turn the project over and lay one 14 ½ x 13-inch section on top of the bottom shelf braces and secure with brad nailer.
- Repeat with the other 14 ½ x 13-inch piece for middle shelf
Tip: Attach bottom shelf first, then middle shelf.
Place the 16 x 16-inch piece on top of shelf frame and secure with brad nailer.
Tip: Use a stainable or paintable wood putty to fill in screw heads and touch up after attaching all parts.