Transform a new or recycled wooden crate new into a great piece of furniture like an end table, console table or coffee table. A new shabby-chic table will add rustic charm to your decor and provide extra storage. Learn how to build an end table from a wooden crate with this Home Depot guide.
Gather and Measure
- Measure and mark out a 9.5-inch x 18-inch board on a 2- x 2-foot 23/32-inch piece of plywood.
- Measure and mark out 4 10.5-inch legs on a 10-foot length of ¾-inch PVC pipe.
- Measure and mark out 2 6-inch supports on a 10-foot length of ¾-inch PVC pipe.
Tip: Before you start to build your table, stain the wood crate and allow it to fully dry.
Cut and Sand
Drill Holes for Table Legs
Attach Bottom Board to Wood Crate
- Mark holes 3/8-inch in on the short side of the plywood and 3 ½-inch in from each side.
- Using the 1/8-inch drill bit, pre-drill the holes before assembling.
- Place the plywood on one side of the crate and secure using 2-inch wood screws.
Paint and Attach PVC Table Legs
- Spray paint the PVC parts and allow them to fully dry.
- Apply adhesive on the PVC pipe threads.
- Apply adhesive inside the 1-inch holes you drilled.
- Push and twist the PVC pipe male adapters into place.
- Build two “U” shapes with PVC pipes by placing the 6-inch pieces between two elbows and attaching two 10 ½-inch pieces into each remaining elbow hole.
- Glue each joint.
- Glue the 10 ½-inch pipes into the mounted male adapters.