How to Build a Grilling Cart
Time Required: Over 1 day
Make a stylish cart to hold all your grilling accessories using just a few materials from The Home Depot. This guide will walk you through the step-by-step process of building this DIY cart to hold all of your grilling supplies.
Cut the wood into the following lengths:
- Eight 30-inch x 2 x 4-foot boards to make up the longer sides of the shelves and the middle piece of the top of each shelf.
- Six 16-inch 2 x 4-foot boards to make up the shorter sides of the shelves.
- Four 30-inch x 2 x 8-foot boards to complete the tops of each shelf.
- Three 40-inch x 2 x 8-foot boards to make up the cutting board.
- Screw together the 30-inch and 16-inch x 2 x 4-foot boards into rectangular frames.
- For the top of the bottom two shelves, frame a 30-inch x 2 x 4-foot board with two 30-inch x 2 x 8-foot boards.
- Screw them on the top of the frame to make each shelf.
- The top shelf should remain just a frame so the top table surface can be added after the cart is assembled.
- Drill through the angle irons with the 3/16-inch bit.
- Check to make sure that the screws fit through the holes.
- Use the larger drill bit to create a hole over the 3/16-inch hole to countersink the screws.