How to Make a Bottle Opener Game
Time Required: Under 2 hours
Create a simple homemade game board that is durable, fun and functional. In addition to teaching you more about your tools, this project makes a great gift or just a unique game to play while spending time with friends and family.
Using the measuring tape, measure and mark cuts on the 2- x 2-foot plywood with a pencil according to the cut list.
- One backboard: 12 1/2- x 20-inch
- Two side sections: 2 5/8- x 20-inch
- Two side sections: 2 5/8- x 14-inch
- Four divider sections: 2- x 2 1/2-inch
- Lay the 20-inch pieces of plywood on the end of each side of the back panel, securing with the brad nailer.
- Place the 14-inch pieces on the other ends of each side to complete the frame, securing with the brad nailer.
- Evenly space the four dividers on the bottom end of the backboard.
- Secure using a brad nailer, nailing through the bottom part of the frame. Flip over and nail through back of plywood to completely secure.
- Paint as desired
- Remove the plastic film from both sides of the acrylic sheet.
- Drill 7/64-inch holes into each corner of acrylic sheet.
- Place the acrylic sheet 3 1/4 inches up from bottom of the frame and secure with nails.
- Center the bottle opener above the acrylic sheet and screw to the backboard.