How to Make a Christmas Tree Card Holder
Time Required: Under 2 hours
A Christmas tree card holder is a unique and festive way to display your Christmas cards. This is a fun and easy DIY project that your family and friends will love to decorate and look at during the holidays.
- Measure and cut the 1’ x 3” x 8’ into the following lengths:
- Branch one: 12 inches
- Branch two: 18 inches
- Branch three: 24 inches
- Branch four: 30 inches
- Branch five: 36 inches
- Cut the 2” x 2” x 8’ down to 60 inches to make the tree trunk.
- Drill a hole into the center of each of the five branches.
- Lay the five branches across the 60-inch trunk, starting 4 inches from the top and spacing each branch 6 inches apart.
Choose how you’d like to display your Christmas card holder. If you choose to stand it up:
- Screw the base of the tree to the side of the inner wall of your crate.
- Place something heavy in the bottom of the crate as an anchor.
To hang the tree on the wall:
- Screw the 20-pound steel D-ring hangers into the back of your tree.
- Nail the two 20-pound steel brass-plated conventional picture hooks on the wall.
- Fit the hangers into the hooks to display.