Under 2 hours
A Christmas tree card holder is a unique and festive way to display your Christmas cards. This is a fun and easy DIY project that your family and friends will love to decorate and look at during the holidays.
Cut and Prep
Measure and cut the 1’ x 3” x 8’ into the following lengths:
- Branch one: 12 inches
- Branch two: 18 inches
- Branch three: 24 inches
- Branch four: 30 inches
- Branch five: 36 inches
Cut the 2” x 2” x 8’ down to 60 inches to make the tree trunk.
- Paint or stain all of the clothespins and pieces of wood.
- Allow to fully dry.
Space out Branches
- Drill a hole into the center of each of the five branches.
- Lay the five branches across the 60-inch trunk. Start 4 inches from the top and space each branch 6 inches apart.
Assemble All Pieces
Screw the branches into the center trunk using the small wood screws.
- Start the first clothespin 1 inch from the edge of a branch.
- Evenly space the remaining clips every 4 inches.
- Use a small bead of hot glue to attach each clothespin to its branch.
Prepare for Display
Choose how you’d like to display your Christmas card holder. If you choose to stand it up:
- Screw the base of the tree to the side of the inner wall of your crate.
- Place something heavy in the bottom of the crate as an anchor.
To hang the tree on the wall:
- Screw the 20-pound steel D-ring hangers into the back of your tree.
- Nail the two 20-pound steel, brass-plated conventional picture hooks on the wall.
- Fit the hangers into the hooks to display.
Making your own Christmas Tree Card Holder will give you a festive way to display all your colorful Christmas cards. Use The Home Depot Mobile App to get everything you need shipped to your doorstep.