How to Make a DIY Wood Block Santa
Time Required: 2-4 hours
Learn how to make a DIY wood block Santa and add a little craftiness to your Christmas. Perfect for greeting guests at the door or sitting next to your Christmas tree, this project can be completed with just a few items. This guide will give you step-by-step instructions so you can carve, paint and create an adorable DIY Santa all your own.
- The top block will be Santa's face. If you prefer, you can stain the face using a stain of your choice. Paint the eyes with black paint or permanent marker and the nose and mouth red.
- Next, paint the top of the block red to create the hat.
- Shape the cotton to form the mustache and attach along with the beard, using your glue gun.
- While attaching the beard, you can use the middle block as a reference for length, however, make sure the cotton is only glued to itself and not to the middle block.
- Add a row of cotton at the bottom of the bottom block to complete Santa’s pants.
Add a touch of DIY whimsy to your seasonal decor with a wood block Santa. A simple and fun project, this makes a great addition to your home as well as a fun craft to do with family. The Home Depot is your DIY headquarters. Looking for a product to complete your project? We have options to deliver online orders when and where you need them.