How to Make a Gravestone Candy Box
Time Required: 2-4 hours
This simple Halloween DIY project gives you a festive way to pass out candy. This guide will show you how to make this fun porch decor using a simple sheet of plywood and decorative skeleton parts.
- Measure and mark cuts on the plywood according to the cut list and diagram in Step 2.
- To get a rounded shape on the top of the gravestone, tap a nail into the center of the gravestone 10 inches down from the top.
- Tie a string from the nail to a pencil to create a makeshift compass, then draw rounded edges along the top edge of the 16- x 24-inch segment of plywood.
- Hold the box sides up against the box front so that the edges are flush.
- Attach with nailer.
- Repeat on opposite side of box front.
- Stand the box front up and place the sides so that they are between the gravestone back and the front.
- Secure with a nailer through the back of the gravestone.