How to Make a Hanging Grill Shelf
Time Required: Under 2 hours
Every master griller needs the right spices and utensils to get the job done. Instead of walking back and forth to the kitchen for important ingredients, keep them near the grill for easy access. This guide explains how to create a hanging shelf to make backyard barbecues a breeze.
Tools & Materials
- Lay out the shelf pieces on a flat surface, making sure the large holes in the 2- x 4-inch boards are on the top.
- Arrange the pieces into their final layout and place the 2- x 4-inch boards on end with the shelves in between.
- The bottom shelf should be flush with the bottom of the side boards, and the remaining two shelves should be spaced 10 inches apart.
- Use clamps to apply light pressure and hold the shelf together. Make sure all the shelves are also flush with the back of the sides pieces.
- Double-check the shelf spacing with your tape measure and lightly tap on any shelves that need adjustments.
- With the clamps holding the shelf together, use the 1/8-inch drill bit to pre-drill two holes (four per shelf) for screws on each side through the sides and into the shelves.
- Drive in screws to secure the shelf into place.