How to Make a Lighted Holiday Sign
Time Required: Under 2 hours
Making your own holiday lighted marquee is a project that the whole family can do together to brighten up your holiday season. This project guide shows you how.
- Mark and cut a line 18 inches from one end of the plywood, which will make the back piece and piece for your letters.
- Be sure not to cut the table beneath the plywood. Cut on foam or just off the edge of the table.
- Find the corner points for each letter and trace them onto the plywood.
- Carefully cut out each letter with a jigsaw or Dremel rotary tool. Then, sand the edges smooth.
Tip: You can also paint the letters directly onto the plywood if you would rather not use a saw.
- For the railing, cut the 1 x 2 pine or MDF board to match the top and bottom edges of the back piece.
- Finish the top rail with the nailer or hammer and nails, and repeat for the bottom.
- Then mark, cut and repeat for the two sides.