How to Make a Witch Hat Door Hanger
Time Required: Under 2 hours
Every harvest and Halloween display needs a personal touch, and this enchanting witch hat door hanger is just what witch doctor ordered. See below for guided instructions on how to make your own this season.
- Two 18- x 8-inch triangle pieces (hat)
- Two 12- x 2-inch trapezoid pieces (brim)
- Cut the following pieces out of the 2- x 2-foot sanded plywood.
Measure and Mark:
- Using the measuring tape, measure and mark cuts on the plywood according to the cut list.
- For the brim piece measure 2 1/2 inches down each end and make a mark.
- Connect the mark to the opposite corner as shown (see diagram).
- Use a jigsaw to cut out the shapes on the plywood.
- For the brim piece, start with a rectangle then use a jigsaw to cut the corner pieces and finish the shape.
Tip: Use a sanding block to smooth any rough edges.