How to Make a Wreath Chandelier
Time Required: Under 2 hours
Many people hang wreaths on their front doors at Christmas, but have you ever thought about making a chandelier from wreaths?
This guide will teach you how to make a beautiful decoration to help ring in the holidays. Download a PDF version of this Martha Stewart project.
- Place the wreath face-down on a tabletop.
- Cut two pieces of ribbon to the length at which you want the chandelier to hang.
- Attach one piece of ribbon to the wire wreath form at the 12 o’clock position with a tight double knot.
- Attach the second piece of the ribbon to the wire form with a knot at the 9 o’clock position, and then pass the other end through the same large ring.
- Attach to the form at the 3 o’clock position.
- Fluff branches to fill out the wreath shape.
- Cut a piece of cardboard to measure 3 inches.
- Wrap 28-gauge wire around the cardboard about 25 times.
- With wire cutters, cut the wrapped wire off the cardboard at one edge. The result should be 25 6-inch pieces.
- Repeat to create additional ornament wires.
- Attach the ornaments to the wreath by twisting ornament wires around the branches.
- Fill the wreath with hanging ornaments.
Tip: Longer hanging ornaments may be more easily secured once the wreath has been hung.