How to Make Ornament Garland
Time Required: Under 2 hours
Don’t let Christmas trees have all the fun – string ornaments together to create unique garland that can be used to decorate around the house.
This guide will show you the simple step-by-step process to bring this holiday decoration to life.
Download a PDF version of this Martha Stewart project here.
- Continue to string ornaments, creating a pattern of different ornament designs.
- When all the ornaments have been strung, thread a washer over the open end of the wire.
- Position the washer to sit about 2 inches from the last ornament.
- Fold the remaining wire over and twist to secure the washer in place.
- Snip off any excess wire.
- Garland should measure about 45 inches long when complete.
- Create a decorative pendant for the ornament garland.
- Choose a round ornament that hasn’t had a cap glued on, and remove the cap.
- Using an awl, poke a hole in the bottom of the ornament.
- Loop a length of wire through the cap of a separate decorative ornament, and then thread both ends up through the round ornament’s bottom hole so that the wire comes out of the top.
- Thread the wire through the cap and place the cap back on the ornament.
- Pull the wire to draw the two ornaments together and twist to secure.