Make a DIY Football Toss
Time Required: Under 2 hours
Cheer on the home team with this one-of-a-kind football toss game you can make as a quick and easy DIY. This guide will walk you step-by-step through the building process.
Measure and mark the below cut list on your boards:
On one 1 x 4-inch x 12-foot board:
- 3 leg pieces: each 1 x 4-inch x 4-foot
On the second 1 x 4-inch x 12-foot board:
- 1 leg piece: 1 x 4-inch x 4-foot
- 4 brace pieces: each 1 x 4-inch x 2-foot
On the 2 x 4-foot plywood board:
- 1 front piece: 1 x 3-foot
- Lay two of the legs flat, two feet apart.
- Lay two braces on top of the legs, one flush with the top of the legs, and one three feet below the top.
- Using a drill and 1 ¼-inch screws, secure each brace.
Tip: Pre-drill holes using a 1/8-inch drill bit before using the screws to avoid splitting the wood.
- Looking at the plywood piece vertically, mark nine inches down from the top and nine inches up from the bottom.
- Measure to ensure that these marks are in the center of the board.
- Nail a nail into the centered bottom mark.
- Tie one end of a string around the nail head, and one end around the pencil so that the string measures six inches from nail to pencil when pulled taut.
- Draw a circle keeping the string tight.
- This should make a 12-inch diameter circle.
- Using the centered top mark, repeat the process, ensuring that the string when stretched from nail to pencil is four inches.
- You should now have an 8-inch diameter circle.
- Take a built frame and place the 2 x 3-foot front panel between the braces, making sure it lines up flush with the top of the legs.
- Using two ¼-inch wood screws, attach the front panel to the frame.
Tip: Pre-drill holes using a 1/8-inch drill bit to prevent the wood from splintering.