Ideas & Inspiration
Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Cranberry Salsa Recipe
Tart and sweet cranberry sauce makes a zippy salsa for an herb-kissed grilled chicken breast. Snip fresh cilantro and thyme from your indoor or outdoor herb garden to flavor this dish.
Yield: 4 servings
Cook time: 15 minutes, plus 5 minutes resting
Prep time: 25 minutes, includes heating for grill
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole cranberry sauce
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1½ teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (with or without skin), each about 6 ounces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Combine the salsa ingredients, including ½ teaspoon of the salt, and mix well. Reserve ¼ cup of the salsa to use as a stuffing for the chicken breasts. (The salsa is best if made a few hours before serving. Keep it covered and refrigerated.)
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Place the chicken on a work surface, skin (or smooth) side down, then cut a large pocket in the thickest part of each breast. Push about 1 tablespoon of the cheese inside the pocket, and then spread about 1 tablespoon of the reserved cranberry mixture on top of the cheese. Press the pocket closed. Brush both sides of the chicken with oil and season evenly with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, the pepper and thyme.
- Grill the chicken, skin (or smooth) side down first, over direct medium heat with the lid closed until the meat is firm to the touch and opaque all the way to the center, for 8 to 12 minutes, carefully turning once. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm with the remaining cranberry salsa.
Recipe and photograph presented by Weber Grills.